GAL Sync: extension-unexpected-attribute-value

Question

• After running an import of a few thousand users, I see a handful of extension-unexpected-attribute-value errors.

The stack trace complains about a "Missing Unique SMTP proxy" (see below).  I've spent some time querying for any other objects that might have overlapping proxyAddresses attribute values with this user, but haven't found any.

Any thoughts?

Tony

Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.UnexpectedDataException: Missing the Unique SMTP proxy from the object CS ONE Forest user CN=Dan Quayle,OU=ONE Users,DC=MYCO,DC=COM
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.GALSync.Synchronizer.LogAndThrowUnexpectedDataException(String ExceptionString)
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.GALSync.MASynchronizer.IAFTargetAddressForGroup(CSEntry csentry, MVEntry& mventry)
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.GALSync.MASynchronizer.IAFTargetAddressForUser(CSEntry csentry, MVEntry& mventry)
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.GALSync.MASynchronizer.MapAttributesForImport(String FlowRuleName, CSEntry csentry, MVEntry mventry)

Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:48 PM

Answers

• As mentioned in my other response, the GAL sync MA is a pre-configured ADMA.

UnexpectedDataException” is a custom exception bubbled up by “Private Sub IAFTargetAddressForGroup”.

The best thing to do, is to debug “FindMatchedDomainSuffix” for one of the objects that are causing the exception to be thrown and to check what the reason for this exception is in the source CDS…

Cheers,

Markus

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Markus Vilcinskas

Technical Writer
    Microsoft Identity Integration Server
    mailto:markvi@microsoft.com.NO_SPAM

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
    http://www.microsoft.com/info/copyright.htm

Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:59 PM

All replies

• As mentioned in my other response, the GAL sync MA is a pre-configured ADMA.

UnexpectedDataException” is a custom exception bubbled up by “Private Sub IAFTargetAddressForGroup”.

The best thing to do, is to debug “FindMatchedDomainSuffix” for one of the objects that are causing the exception to be thrown and to check what the reason for this exception is in the source CDS…

Cheers,

Markus

Markus Vilcinskas

Technical Writer
    Microsoft Identity Integration Server
    mailto:markvi@microsoft.com.NO_SPAM

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
    http://www.microsoft.com/info/copyright.htm

Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:59 PM
  • Ok, thanks Markus - I'll give that a go.
    Sunday, October 08, 2006 8:13 PM
  • Just a quick follow-up.  I found the problem.  The user objects that generated the errors did not have an SMTP proxy address that corresponded to the SMTP suffix configured in the MA.

Tony

Monday, October 09, 2006 12:36 AM
  • hi there..

could you please till me how did you debuged this error?? i have the same problem with my MIIS and i can't figure out how to go about this problem.

Thank you

Fatmah

• Proposed as answer by VX1200 Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:29 PM
    Sunday, October 15, 2006 5:34 AM