none
The password of Administrator during OS deployment

Question

• Hi all,

Here I tired to deploy Windows 7 to clients using MDT. In the course of deployment, I went out for dinner. When I came back to office, job had been accomplished. But all clients had been sleeping.....

After clients recovered from sleeping mode, I was asked for password of account "Administrator".

I tried the domain administrator's password but failed.

How can I log in then?

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:37 PM

Answers

• Check you unattended.xml residing in the folder DeploymentShare\Control\< TSID>

TSID is the ID you have given to you task sequence when you have created it. If it is blank, just press Enter. But now you know where to look if you have forgotten it :)

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Long Bo Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:32 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The password is whatever local admin password you set when you imported the OS, or set by the admin password=xxxx switch in the CS.ini properties.

If you didn't set the password,  then just hit enter, and you should be able to login.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:16 PM
  • Check you unattended.xml residing in the folder DeploymentShare\Control\< TSID>

TSID is the ID you have given to you task sequence when you have created it. If it is blank, just press Enter. But now you know where to look if you have forgotten it :)

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Long Bo Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:32 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:34 PM