none
Shortcuts in App-V 5

Question

• In the full infrastucture installation of App-V 4.6 you had the possibility to publish the different shortcuts in a package to different AD security groups.

For example we have a tiny application it is only a executable with som .txt files. I Always copied the exe with the .txt files 5 times (we have got 5 locations) when I sequenced the application and made 5 shortcuts on the desktop to the executable belonging to the 5 different locations. When I imported the application I added a AD securty group (with all the people of that location) to the Access permissions.

Can you do this in App-V 5.0 while using SCCM 2012 for distribution and publishing?

Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:14 AM

Answers

• I don't believe there's an equivalent with SCCM 2012 to take care of that. You may need to do some scripting and deploy with A Configuration file

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:20 AM

All replies

• I don't believe there's an equivalent with SCCM 2012 to take care of that. You may need to do some scripting and deploy with A Configuration file

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:20 AM
  • If I had a full infrastructure installation of App-V 5.0, would I then have the same possibilities for this as in the full infrastucture installation of App-V 4.6?
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:23 AM