none
Dns resolve some website slowly

Question

• Dns is resolving a lot of website quickly, but there are some websites like cnn.com , bbc.com take around 15 second to resolve the host name , I used nslookup then ping cnn.com and bbc.com and then take time also . I have 2 dns , and I have 3 dns for isp and when I changed my dns and put any of isp dns I can open any website so fast, before all websites were opening fine but now I have that issue, and I check all configuration and connectivity all work great, OS Win server 2008 r2 and clients win 7 and xp.

Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I have 2 dns , and I have 3 dns for isp and when I changed my dns and put any of isp dns I can open any website so fast,

Based on your description, this can be caused by the high workload of the DNS server. We can try to split the workload of the DNS server by using other DNS servers.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:53 AM
  • I already configure 1 dns as primary and the second dns as alternative so should be workload as I think.

how to split workload if there is other way

thank u

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:23 AM
  • check the workload of your DNS

how many users in your environment?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778608(v=ws.10).aspx
    Monitoring DNS server performance

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    IT Stuff Quick Bytes

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:33 AM