none
Problem with user login. Remote and on location

Question

• Hi guys/girls

I have a user that is trying to login remotely from her home. She logs in to the domain, she does not get any errors(no errors about temp profile or corrupt profile)

But. When she logs in, she has a "new user standard desktop". Not her own customized desktop. When she hits any of the icons, they react like its the first time. Outlook for example, wants her to do the "first time settings".

I checked regedit for the issue with profile renamning to ".bak". But nothing there. 

She can access her home folder and she is properly connected to the domain.

So I thought that there was an issue with her logging in from a remote location. So I asked someone at the office to login to her computer at work. Same issue there.

I checked the event viewer. The only error that is related to the logon is: Event ID 1000, a problem occured with the program NEGui.exe, version 4.0.138.1

NEGui is the program netextender. I have no clue what that program does or if that error is related.

No other user in the domain has this issue.

I have googled alot, but since she dont get an error while she logs in, I have very little to go on

Anyone got some idea what this could be?

Is it related to NEGui.exe? Is it a corrupted profile? Could it be permission related? Need to be added to some group in AD?

Friday, June 28, 2013 8:03 AM

Answers

• What is behavior if user try logged in from Office using different PC?

Try create a temporary group and add the user there and see if problem will persist.

Compare user profile with other accounts and see if you see any differences?

Friday, June 28, 2013 9:21 AM