none
Deploy Updates from Task Sequence SCCM 2012 Sp1 R2

Question

• Hi,

In LAB I have SCCM 2012 Sp1 R2 installed on Server 2012 R2.

In Task Sequence I have selected ALL AVAILABLE Updates, but when TS run, no updates are being installed.

However, I have run the Sync many time and its OK, I can see that updated are being populated into the Updates node of SCCM 2012 Sp1 R2.

Question is what we shall do in order to install updates?
    On forum I found the following command , but needs to know why we need that, why updates not installed automatically:

WMIC /namespace:\\root\ccm path sms_client CALL TriggerSchedule "{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000113}" /NOINTERACTIVE

N.A.Malik

Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:59 PM

All replies

• Have youdownloaded and  deployed the updates to the client. In order to deploy updates in a TS they should be allready deployed to the computer. Otherwise no updates will be deployed.
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:05 PM
  • WMIC /namespace:\\root\ccm path sms_client CALL TriggerSchedule "{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000113}" /NOINTERACTIVE

This is basically not needed. It just triggers a software updates scan if you want to run the "install software updates" step a second time (otherwise the scan result would be taken from cache).
    There has to be a deployment for a software update group as dekac99 already mentioned.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:46 PM
  • Ok, no I have deployed all updates to ALL System Collection.

But I can see that only 3 updates ate deployed (c++ redistribution and similar etc).

I can see that deployment package /created as part of ADR has 2245 updates.

N.A.Malik

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:08 AM
  • 2245? What updates have you added to that package? It must be huge.
    The amount of updates in a package is not relevant at all. Packages are just used to download patch binaries. A software update group defines what has to be installed on a client.
    BTW: deploying all (2245) updates to 'all systems' is not the best idea - even for testing purposes. The max amount of updates per group is 1000.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:32 AM
  • Ok, thanks for reply. I was upset to see that updates are not being installed that's why I downloaded updates for all products and for all vendors.

Here is step by step what I did so you can better assist me:

1. Created an ADR and select Windows 8 /Windows 8.1 as product. Date Revised was set to 1 week.
        Added product like Bing, Skype, Windows Live , Forfront etc.

2. Select create new package.

3. Once package created , I disabled this ADR and created a new one , this time I used Package that created previously.

ALL SYSTEM was the target collection.

I can see updates in the package, and I can see that TS shows (Installing updates, 4 of 4).
    In short TS install only 4 updates, what about the rest of updates.

What I am doing wrong?

N.A.Malik

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 11:25 AM
  • Hi Again,

Now I am 100 % sure that I have few updates that are downloaded and deployed to ALL SYSTEM +  ALL UnKNOWN Computers collection.

TS installed only 1 update., what is wrong? How to check?

N.A.Malik

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 8:28 AM