none
Windows Server 2008 R2 processes disappear

Question

• I am running several .net applications on my server.

All of a sudden when i logged back in through RDP, all my processes had disappeared.

They did not appear in task manager until i clicked "show processes from all users". The user that the processes appear under in task manager is the same user that I am logged in to.

Where did the processes disappear to?

Friday, September 13, 2013 2:28 AM

Answers

• Hi thanks for the answer. What do you mean by another form of login? 

Locally versus the keyboard and in RDP. I think you got a RDP's switch to take the console windows (/admin) but if not used, the system will open another winlogon process with the same user. (thus explaining why you have to list all process)

And, if you openned in exemple a notepad in the first session, I guess you don't see it in the RDP's session when you logged.

Thank

MCP | MCTS - Exchange 2007, Configuring | Member of TechNet Wiki Community Council | French Moderator on TechNet Wiki (Translation Widget)

Friday, September 13, 2013 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi

They are tagged under the same user in the "console", so you are triing to list the task you have openned in RDP at first.

So, no they did not have disapered, they are just run under another form of login.

Thanks

MCP | MCTS - Exchange 2007, Configuring | Member of TechNet Wiki Community Council | French Moderator on TechNet Wiki (Translation Widget)

Friday, September 13, 2013 3:28 AM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 5:26 AM

Locally versus the keyboard and in RDP. I think you got a RDP's switch to take the console windows (/admin) but if not used, the system will open another winlogon process with the same user. (thus explaining why you have to list all process)

And, if you openned in exemple a notepad in the first session, I guess you don't see it in the RDP's session when you logged.

Thank

Friday, September 13, 2013 2:45 PM
  • You may have another session logged on.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa383496(v=vs.85).aspx

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, September 13, 2013 3:47 PM