none
SCOM 2012 - Computer Not Reachable monitor is not cleared

Question

• Hello,

We are using SCOM 2012 SP1 with Rollup 3.

We have a problem with the "Computer Not Reachable" monitor.

Sometimes the monitor is not cleared after the server is available again.

The monitor "Health Service Heartbeat Failure" is successfully resolved in this situation.

How can we investigate/debug the problem ?

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Check the diagnostic and recovery tasks associated with the monitor, I suspect it failed to run when it should recovery, you should check the event log to see if there is any information:

Diagnostic and Recovery Tasks

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh551141.aspx

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:13 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the recovery and I don't see any errors, it says: "Recovery Task ran successfully" and also "No output text was available"

I see in the event viewer the events 20022 about agent not heartbeating and then 20021 about agent resuming heartbeat and is available.

No other error messages appear.

Is there a way to set the trace level on the MS to see what is actually done in the recovery ?

Thanks,

Efrat.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

Please check this blog:

Be Careful When Configuring Agent Heartbeat Interval. Otherwise Tons Of EventID 20022 & 20021…

http://thoughtsonopsmgr.blogspot.dk/2013/03/be-careful-when-configuring-agent.html

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

However,  the stituation here is the computers are rebooted so we expect the events 20022 and 20021.

And we don't have tones of them - they only appear when the machines are rebooted.

The problem is with the "Compuetr not Reachable" monitor which is not cleared after the machine comes up.

Thanks,

Efrat.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Is it possible to reboot your SCOM environment, all Management Servers and SQL server?

Do you get the error massage "Computer not Reachable" on all agents or just a few?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:53 AM
  • Hi

We rebooted the whole environment after installing RU3.

This happens on all the agents, and it is not consistent -

On all the agents - sometimes the monitor is closed and sometimes it is not closed.

Thanks,

Efrat.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:02 AM