none
Remote Server Administration tools won't install properly!

Question

• So I am working on Windows 7 trying to instal RSAT so I can manage AD for a Server 2008 domain controller. I have uninstalled all previous versions of RSAT. I run Windows6.1-KB958830-x86-RefreshPkg.msu and installation finishes without incident and I restart. Once the workstation boots back up I go to Windows features and enable all the RSAT features and I then restart again! Once it's back up it does not appear in All Programs and MMC does not see a snap-in for them.
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:01 PM

Answers

• Did you follow the Install Instructions here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7887

Step 10.

Configure the Start menu to display the Administration Tools shortcut, if it is not already there.

• Right-click Start, and then click Properties.

• On the Start Menu tab, click Customize.

• In the Customize Start Menu dialog box, scroll down to System Administrative Tools, and then select Display on the All Programs menu and the Start menu. Click OK. Shortcuts for snap-ins installed by Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1 are added to the Administrative Tools list on the Start menu.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:54 AM