Monday, June 18, 2012 9:54 AM
We would like to install FEP server 2010 on a new stanadlone server without SCCM on it,
1. Is there a standlaone FEP 2010 available from microsoft without sccm intergration? ( i mean one dedicated FEP server to manage only FEP cleints).
2. Is SCCM mandatory prereq for FEP 2010 install??
3. If FEP 2010 can be installed without sccm? is there a console availabilty or do we need to purchase saperatly.. the console.
4. can WSUS be used for FEP updates. on FEP server ??
Please let me know ASAP and thanks in advance.
Monday, June 18, 2012 10:03 AM
1. No there is no other server console to manage FEP
2. No, you can install it manually, deploy FEP Policies usign GPO.
3. There is no other central console than the one SCCM provides for FEP. Check out this software to manage FEP standaloe from TRUSEC http://lms.truesec.se/
4. WSUS can be used to distribute FEP definition Updates.
- Marked As Answer by mohammed shuaib Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:43 AM
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:07 AM
Thanks for reply , got a fair idea..
currenlty we are installing FEP 2010 security management pack integrating with scom, so how do the virus definition updates have to be done.. i mean download from microsoft manually and push through GPO.. since we are not using sccm.. currenlty for short duration..
Also does security management pack requires any database creation in SCOM database instance.. for reporting capabilty.?
and should FEP agent be installed on all servers managed by scom.. ?