Thursday, January 03, 2013 5:53 PM
I have the following setup
1 HT/CAS with forefront
1 Edge Transport with forefront
1 MBX server with Forefront
I want to remove forefrong and the EDGE Transpoert server completely and replace it with a barracuda spam appliance.
what is the best way to do this? Should i only need to be worried about the HT/CAS server or should i remove it from the MBX server to? I am not sure if i require a down time during the uninstall portion.
I know when i remove the edge subscription it will need a new send connector created but is there anything i should be made aware of? any help or tips would be appreciated??
Monday, January 07, 2013 6:31 AMModerator
Thank you for the post.
To uninstall Forefront Security for Exchange Server, you need to first manually stop all Exchange services and the FSE administrator, and then the uninstall process terminates. Please follow the steps as below,
1. Ensure that the Forefront Server Security Administrator is not running.
2. Open “Services” in the Control Panel.
3. Stop the “FSCController service”. This causes the Microsoft Exchange Transport Service and Microsoft Exchange Information Store to be stopped also.
4. When all these services have stopped, close the “Services” dialog box.
5. Open “Add or Remove Programs” in the Control Panel.
6. Remove “Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server”. Click “Yes” to confirm the deletion.
7. At the Uninstall Complete screen, click Finish.
Nick Gu - MSFT
- Proposed As Answer by Nick Gu - MSFTMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:54 AM
- Marked As Answer by Nick Gu - MSFTMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:44 AM