Monday, August 27, 2007 6:57 AM
I installed SharePoint Service 3.0 (Rus) (Win2003sp2r2RusCorpEdition)
and installed it.
I go to WSS Central Administration - Operations - Solution management and i see that all the solutions are marked Globally Deployed.
But I dont know how to create new site with template HelpDesk?
Creating a site:
- Log into the SharePoint site as the site administrator.
- From the Site Actions drop-down menu in the top right, select Site Settings.
- Under the Site Administration section, select Sites and Workspaces.
- Select Create to create a new site using a site template.
- Complete the new SharePoint site information. In the Template Selection section, select the Application Templates tab. Any server admin templates that have been deployed will be listed here.
- Select the template to use for this site and click Create.
A site has now been created using the application template.
In 5 step I dont see Template HelpDesk
Thursday, August 30, 2007 3:27 AM
thanks for you quick answer ......
It is easy to install English Language Pack
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 1:31 PMWe also just installed this template, and are very experienced with Sharepoint and relatively so with Sharepoint Designer. However, on the site that resulted from this template, we added a new field to the "Service Requests" list, but it does not show up on any the pages at all (other than views). The field is there in the list, and it's mandatory, but we cannot see how to make it appear on newform.aspx, or ANY of the other forms, for that matter.
Also not sure how the template creators got the add item page to not show ALL the list fields in the first place This is a handy technique we'd like to try. Our experience has been that if you create a list, ALL the fields show up in add/edit mode. Views are different, of course, we understand those very well.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:30 PMNever mind Found the solution to this in another forum here: