Tuesday, September 21, 2010 9:36 PM
I have deployed 4 clients (to server 2003's) in the Management console, I am unable to see the clients, I know that
I can "manage" them, because if I change the policy I see the change refelected in the clients, but the console shows 0 managed. This is a brand new installation.
Clients were deployed, 1 is the client where the Forefront server is, 1 was deployed manually from running the clientinstall, 1 was installed using the Client Deployment Utility that some kind soul provided, and the last, well I was waiting to see if it would deploy using the policy. The policy is using a security group, but none in the security group have deployed.
Any ideas of where I can check? There are no errors with any snap in, loooking at logs really does not seem to show much.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:20 AMModerator
Thank you for the post.
How do you deploy FCS? we recommend you deploy FCS agent with WSUS. You may perform the following steps to achieve your goal:
Step1 - in WSUS: Approve FCS package
Step2 - on Server: Create and deploy FCS policy
Step3 - client: will install FCS agent from WSUS
For more information, please refer to this deployment guide: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404255.aspx
Nick Gu - MSFT
Saturday, September 25, 2010 2:51 PMdo you have any idea about the agents not showing up under the management console?
Monday, September 27, 2010 2:09 AMModerator
Thank you for the update.
As far as I know, there maybe two reasons: there were issues during setup while importing the Management pack and machines appearing as pending action-uninstall not updating after attribute discovery. Below is some information about each of
these, perhaps you can take a look and see if either apply in your environment.
Issues with the Management Pack Mom has Computer Attributes and based upon those computer attribute machines are placed into Computer Groups. A machine appears in the FCS console when it is a member of the Forefront Client Security Agents group.
Check the Computer Attributes
1. In the MOM Administration console; Expand Management Packs > Computer Attributes
2. Verify that Microsoft Forefront Client Security Agent appears on the left and is Enabled
Check Computer Groups
1. In the MOM Administration console; Expand Management Packs > Computer Groups
2. Verify that Microsoft Forefront Client Security Agents group on the left and is Rules Enabled = Yes
3. Choose Properties, select Formula Tab
4. Verify that AttributeValue(Microsoft Forefront Client Security Agent) appears in the textbox
Machines in Pending Action-Uninstall
1. In the MOM Administration console; Expand Administration > Computers > Pending Actions
2. If there are machines listed on the right, look at the Pending Action and see if it says “Uninstall Agent” and/or if the Desired Management Mode is “Unmanaged”
Meanwhile, you should remove and reinstall the MOM agent from the affected systems. For more information, please refer to the following article.
Nick Gu - MSFT
- Proposed As Answer by Nick Gu - MSFTMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, September 27, 2010 2:10 AM
- Marked As Answer by Nick Gu - MSFTMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:11 AM
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:34 AM
Well went through the steps.
1. Computer Attributes / Security Agent is enabled
All groups show enabled. If I right click Forefront agents, it has the 4 servers listed in the included section. Attribute value is there. There is a forefront group under discovered group.
The are also listed under MOM Agents
They are listed under Administration / All Computers and under Agent Managed Group.
I have tried to remove/reinstall agents on 2, with no change.
Still not showing up in managed