Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:17 PM
My TMG install has started to throw an error a few times per day regarding reporting. The error is...
"Description: The daily summary for day "02/19/2010" was not created. This may cause the report for this period to be inaccurate. Verify that no prior reporting configuration alerts exist, and that the reporting services on the designated Forefront TMG report server are running and accessible from all the array members. Use the source location 1001.105.7.0.7734.100 to report the failure.
The failure is due to error: 0x80040e57"
I cannot figure what is causing this error and I am keen to clear the issue up. Any input would be great.
Monday, February 22, 2010 2:21 PMI have the same problem. Daily summary (dailysum.exe) throws this error. Looks like it's a SQL error but I do not know how to fix it. Anyone?
Monday, March 01, 2010 6:48 AMModerator
Thank you for the post.
Please refer to this post: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/FTMGNext/thread/930c1d58-d423-4e05-8f24-ae9263deb834
Nick Gu - MSFT
- Proposed As Answer by Nick Gu - MSFTMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, March 01, 2010 6:48 AM
- Marked As Answer by Nick Gu - MSFTMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Wednesday, March 03, 2010 1:34 AM
- Unmarked As Answer by DavidHodgson Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:58 AM
- Unproposed As Answer by DavidHodgson Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:58 AM
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 2:09 PMI saw this link. However, I'm running the latest version that came on the Microsoft DVD 7.0.7734.100. I triend to reinstall/repait it however still the same problem. Any other ideas?
Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:25 PM
if it would hel..running process montior I noticed these transactions:
8:34:07.3088145 AM DailySum.exe 4088 RegQueryValue HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\B5BE7ACA8695E434BA0A2E63CE73FB50\664ACBEAC98430e46B768CD9DCE5FF42 BUFFER OVERFLOW Length: 144
There are a lot of them....
Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:50 AMI have the same problem.
Did anyone find a solutions?
Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:55 AM
Sorry for the delay posting back, I have had a lot of contact with Microsoft about configuring TMG and I asked my contact about this error to which he kindly sent a Hotfix back to me
Backup the config of TMG, install the hotfix, restart the server.
I found that even after installing the hotfix I still had an error for a couple of days but then it dissapeared.
Hope this helps everyone
- Marked As Answer by DavidHodgson Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:58 AM
Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:55 AMCall Microsoft, they have a hotfix for this problem(integer buffer overflow)
Friday, March 19, 2010 10:26 AM
Hi, David, the hotfix you provided requires password, can you give us one?
Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:58 AM]c+B-Cs
Monday, March 22, 2010 8:04 PM
Hello, that password does not work.
Could you post the right one please?
Monday, March 22, 2010 9:53 PMThe password has expired, the hotfix is not publicly available as it has not been fully tested. Unfortunately you will have to wait for the hotfix to be made publicly available
Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:38 PMDoes anyone know when this hotfix will be made public?
Sunday, April 04, 2010 8:08 AM
Got the same error from all nodes in new array.
Sunday, April 04, 2010 11:14 AM
I can only suggest that anyone with this issue contact Microsoft Support to request the Hotfix. I think it is the only thing that will resolve your issue, remember this is a new product for Microsoft and there will be some small bugs to iron out that only become apparent when the software is in production environments.
Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:34 PM
That would have been the correct response in any case.
the hotfix link provided to you was not supposed to be shared with the world - that's why it's not available from support.microsoft.com.
Anyone who is eperiencing this issue should contact CSS.
Jim Harrison Forefront Edge CS
Friday, August 20, 2010 4:24 PM
I started getting this error after I applied SP1. I created a new one time, and recurring report, and they worked ok. I deleted the ones created pre sp1.
Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:20 AM
Cool, wasn't even aware that SP1 was released. Will try that.
Thursday, August 26, 2010 8:51 AMOpened a case at microsoft for it, because can't get the hotfix. The case number is 110082631725411
Andre van den Berg
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:43 AM
SP1 solved the problem for me - or sort of...
First report after upgrading had information from both array servers, but the following only includes the reporting server itself.
The other server still has the report summary error 0x80040e57.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:02 AM
Okey here a status about the problem.
- SP1 sould have solved the problem, but did not.
- There is a other bug, when one rule generates many logging you get the error that we did get. When disabled the logging on this rule the reporting worked again. This will be resolved in Update 1.
Andre van den Berg
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:31 PM
Update is released, see the following link:
Andre van den Berg