Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:16 PM
I am trying to get some inventory details like the following from 100 users.I want to collect all the information in excel sheet .
I am new to Wsh scripting but have working knowledge on Vbscript
This is my plan:
1)vbs/wsh script will be in shared server and the user must invoke/run the script through cmd prompt with username as argument
2)The script should now get all the listed inventory details and export the information to Inventory excel sheet present in the same shared server
3)At the End of the day,all the users inventory information should be present in the excel.
Is this possible?Can any one help me to achieve this.
The following are Inventory details :
- Computer type Desktop/laptop?
- Hardware model(for example Lenovo T500,T420S)
- Processor speed in GHZ
- HD space in GB
- Memory modules RAM in GB
- Is Tivoli common agent exists in laptop/desktop
- Internet explorer vesrion
- Whether MS Office 2003 is installed?
- Whether MS office visio professional is installed?
- Whether MS Project 2003 is installed?
- SBC number(Don't know whether we can get this number thru scripting.It is actually present on the barcode.Don't know whether this information is stored in any registry/file )
Thanks In Advance
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:48 PMHave a look here: http://dieseyer.de/scr-html/hardwareinventur.html
- Marked As Answer by Thomas LeeMVP, Moderator Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:01 PM
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:17 PM
Thanks a lot and appreciate for the quick reply.
I got empty excel file for the first time and when I try to execute the second time it gave me access permission denied and showing the line number 295 and aslo I am not able to delete the PC_Inv_NA.txt file.
Thanks In Advance
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:42 PMModerator
This is not a support forum for the script in the link Oberwald posted. If you need help with that script, you need to ask the script's author.