Users of Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) and related security tools
Welcome to the Micosoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) forums!
This forum is for the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer security tool (www.microsoft.com/mbsa). No other security questions can be answered in this forum.
Welcome to the updated MBSA TechNet forum to discuss the free Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer security scan tool.
As a security scan tool based on Microsoft Update, the behavior and results of MBSA are the same as Microsoft Update (not Windows Update that only detects updates for Windows products). With the exception of WSUS-managed machines where the administrator's approved updates take precedence, MBSA will report exactly what Microsoft Update will report. Like Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), WSUS Server, MBSA uses the exact same logic and mechanisms as Microsoft Update to determine update applicability and installed state.
As a security scan tool, MBSA reports against three classifications of updates: Security Updates, Update Rollups and Service Packs. Critical (non-security) Updates, Definition Updates and Feature Packs and drivers are not detected by MBSA.
The majority of issues reported by MBSA users stem from an expected update not being displayed - which is often because the update is not an MSRC security bulletin listed in the Security Bulletin Search (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx) or is not an update rollup (like a new version of Internet Explorer) or a Service Pack.
Almost all issues can be easily resolved by reviewing the error message displayed by MBSA, reviewing the System Requirements within the MBSA Help file (installed with MBSA) or the online MBSA Q&A (FAQ) located here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/cc184922.
The latest MBSA news and information can be found at www.microsoft.com/mbsa and in the MBSA Q&A (FAQ).
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 089Donald.Vargas Friday, May 17, 2013 8:00 PM
- 083hippman257 Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:16 PM
- 097Stéphane Batiard Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:44 AM
- 062billbcrs Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:09 AM
- 44512RogerHe Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:30 AM
- 087WNick27 Monday, May 13, 2013 9:07 PM
- 083baracuda355 Monday, May 13, 2013 2:08 PM
- 1307mrsnakes Friday, May 03, 2013 1:07 PM
- 0120MartinFlyer Friday, May 10, 2013 1:36 AM
- 0192sherry cottonaro Sunday, May 05, 2013 2:19 AM
- 3637durandb Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:24 PM
- 0239Ted_N_91740 Monday, April 29, 2013 4:21 PM
- 0274cynple Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:56 PM
- 0249Net2013 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:34 AM
Error reading registry. If you are scanning a remote computer the Remote Registry service on that computer should be enabled.Raymond Wong CY Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:46 AM
- 0304Elliott Ma 22 Monday, April 15, 2013 10:47 AM
- 0390RRSINGH Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:41 PM
- 0340DebbieGilbert Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:03 PM
- 0456nasherdjtresoreteam Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:06 PM
- 0427Abdullah Butt Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:20 AM