none
BSOD 0x000000C2 > Switch User Only

Question

• I have a strange event occurring. It ONLY occurs when I'm logged in with one user (Admin or User authority) and switch user to another profile (User or Admin authority).

I think that the 0xC2 error may be video related, but I have no way to know this.

No other time does the BSOD show up; nor can I force it to except through the switch user functionality.

When I log into the 2nd user profile (user authority) it shows my desk top, is loading several services, among which is the NVidia GeForce Experience product (NVidia GeForce 650 GTX; 1GB). My system is running on a ASUS AMD+ mobo with 8 Core processor and 16GB.

The one entry that appeared to have a similar issue (06/2009; "I keep getting BSOD when I switch user") indicated that all hardware accelerators being turned off solved their problem. However, doing so my system has no affect.

There appears to be no other effects that trigger this, yet I think that the 0xC2 may point to a video component or driver. I just don't know.

If there is any help in identification of this issue, or if there is a way to post key points of the dump to this for an SME to take a look, please let me know. The dump itself is 700MB+.

Thank you!

Jim - Mastiffs are the greatest!

Monday, July 22, 2013 2:20 AM

Answers

• JIm

This was related to NetgearUDSMBus.sys belonging to Netgear NetUSB MasterBus module developed by Netgear Corporation. Yours is 2 years old.  I would re-install the newest driver available.

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NetgearUDSMBus.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NetgearUDSMBus.sys
    GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003ac6100
    GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003ac61c0
    Probably caused by : NetgearUDSMBus.sys

Old drivers needing updating

BrUsbSIb.sys    1/22/2008 1:01:51 AM   
    BrSerIb.sys    1/22/2008 1:01:55 AM   
    volcry64.sys    5/29/2008 11:23:46 AM  
    nvBridge.kmd    4/28/2009 11:25:58 PM   

How To Find Drivers:

Search
     Google for the name of the driver
    Compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
    Visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
    If there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program

The most common drivers are listed on these pages: 
    http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.php
    http://sysnative.com/drivers/

Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by Jim.Low Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:27 AM
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:32 AM
  • The diagnostic was spot on.

While I did perform a search for an updated driver, according to NetGear there were no new drivers available.

However, here is my opinion:

1. A recent upgrade to the motherboard (ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0) provided support for USB 3.0, along with a USB 3.0 Boost function implemented at the BIOS level.
    2. The product was a specific product call NetGear USB Control Center. It was designed to intercept USB printer traffic and permit multiple printers to be attached (USB wired) to their current suite of routers. Mine happens to be the WNDR4700 (internal HDD, 2 USB ports). By doing so, it set up the intercept to redirect the printer output to the network, where the router would pick it up and send it to the printer; thus allowing multiple users of the network to use what ever printer was defined within the service.
    3. This service is not required. The 2nd printer in use was retasked as a personal device that could be used during B&W printing only (Brother MFC-7340). My personal use printer is current wired to the router (RJ-45) and works fine as a network support printer. Thus, the Brother was again retasked back to its originally intended use and no longer is attached to my network. Instead it is direct wired (USB) to my laptop docking station.

Once the above was completed, after the excellent diagnostics performed by Team Zigzag, the problem appears to have been solved.

While other items remain, they are not for this thread. I consider this issue solved and the excellent effort performed by the Team has paid off big time for me.

I really appreciate your time and effort!

Thank you!

[PS: I'll mark your last response as my answer - of if I can't, I ask that the forum moderator please do so...]

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:25 AM

All replies

• Jim

One way or another we will need a dmp file.  You can change over to small/kernel DMP in the system cpl and wait for the next crash if you dont feel like uploading 700Mb (I do know that feeling)

Just in case though I dont think you will need this

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
    * Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
    * Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
    * Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
    * Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
    * Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
    * OK your way out.
    * Reboot if changes have been made.

Monday, July 22, 2013 3:20 AM
  • I have the MiniDump created from the issue.

How do I get it to the right eyes?

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:29 PM
  • JL

If your account here has been verified you can upload it to skydrive or some other file sharing service and put a link to it in your next post.

If you are being told you cant post a link, or embed a picture (or any other restriction) you just need to post to one of these threads saying your account has not been validated

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:39 PM
  • I had a SkyDrive profile from a long time back. The link to the MiniDump is:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=12F554F79F56E7D2!123&authkey=!AO3AtHhqg7afQIo

Please let me know if it doesn't work, or if more information is needed.

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:49 PM
  • JIm

This was related to NetgearUDSMBus.sys belonging to Netgear NetUSB MasterBus module developed by Netgear Corporation. Yours is 2 years old.  I would re-install the newest driver available.

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NetgearUDSMBus.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NetgearUDSMBus.sys
    GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003ac6100
    GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003ac61c0
    Probably caused by : NetgearUDSMBus.sys

Old drivers needing updating

BrUsbSIb.sys    1/22/2008 1:01:51 AM   
    BrSerIb.sys    1/22/2008 1:01:55 AM   
    volcry64.sys    5/29/2008 11:23:46 AM  
    nvBridge.kmd    4/28/2009 11:25:58 PM   

How To Find Drivers:

Search
     Google for the name of the driver
    Compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
    Visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
    If there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program

The most common drivers are listed on these pages: 
    http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.php
    http://sysnative.com/drivers/

Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org

• Marked as answer by Jim.Low Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:27 AM
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:32 AM
  • The diagnostic was spot on.

While I did perform a search for an updated driver, according to NetGear there were no new drivers available.

However, here is my opinion:

1. A recent upgrade to the motherboard (ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0) provided support for USB 3.0, along with a USB 3.0 Boost function implemented at the BIOS level.
    2. The product was a specific product call NetGear USB Control Center. It was designed to intercept USB printer traffic and permit multiple printers to be attached (USB wired) to their current suite of routers. Mine happens to be the WNDR4700 (internal HDD, 2 USB ports). By doing so, it set up the intercept to redirect the printer output to the network, where the router would pick it up and send it to the printer; thus allowing multiple users of the network to use what ever printer was defined within the service.
    3. This service is not required. The 2nd printer in use was retasked as a personal device that could be used during B&W printing only (Brother MFC-7340). My personal use printer is current wired to the router (RJ-45) and works fine as a network support printer. Thus, the Brother was again retasked back to its originally intended use and no longer is attached to my network. Instead it is direct wired (USB) to my laptop docking station.

Once the above was completed, after the excellent diagnostics performed by Team Zigzag, the problem appears to have been solved.

While other items remain, they are not for this thread. I consider this issue solved and the excellent effort performed by the Team has paid off big time for me.

I really appreciate your time and effort!

Thank you!

[PS: I'll mark your last response as my answer - of if I can't, I ask that the forum moderator please do so...]

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:25 AM
  • Jim

Glad you were able to resolve it.  You did the heavy lifting in taking the diagnosis and running with it and thanks for letting us know.  Now we can point others with the same problem to yoour solution and hence I have marked your post as an answer as well.

Good luck and a good job

ZZ

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:02 PM
  • Hi,

Did you make any changes on the computer before the issue happen?

Let’s perform system restore for test:

System Restore: frequently asked questions.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/system-restore-frequently-asked-questions/

If it doesn’t help, please perform the clean boot mode and safe mode to check the result:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/

Meanwhile, try to follow this link to upload the dump files:

Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65/use-skydrive-to-upload-collected-files-and-post-screen-shotpicture-updated-1162012/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:27 AM
  • Kevin

This has already been marked by the thread starter as answered/solved so I doubt he will want to do a system restore.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:01 AM