none
[MDT] Sysprep and capture, and OOBE

Question

• Hi my friends, I'm experiencing a little issue.

I want to deploy custom images with OOBE. In other terms, when a client boot his computer for the first time, I want Welcome window display, and ask for account name, etc.

But now, when I boot client computer, it auto-signs in to an administrator session and finish MDT deployment. Please help me understand.  

Let's me explain how i proceed. First, I installed with an iso file my Windows, and when I get welcome windows, I enter in audit mode to add some programs etc. Then I launched my \\ServerMDT\DeploymentShare$\Scripts\LiteTouch.vbs to start Sysprep.

It reboots, and I am able to boot PXE and start capturing. Works like a charm. Now I upload my captured image in another DeploymentShare using a Standard Client Task Sequence to deploy my captured image. I updated my new DeploymentShare, etc.

The deployment looks to work great. But when it reboots, it signs in without asking for password or else, and finalize deployment. My programs are here, it is OK. But I haven't my OOBE.

What I misunderstood ? Help me guys...

• Edited by alyshu Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:33 PM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• OK. I finally achieve this after two long days. For those who will be interested, this is my little how to.

http://snajdan.com/?p=580

• Marked as answer by alyshu Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:32 PM
    • Edited by alyshu Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:22 AM
  • Why you need MDT for, then WDS would have done the trick instead. If you just want to deploy an image.

MDT's advantage is that you specify computername upfront before deployment, so there is no need to use the OOBE.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:18 AM
  • I understood this yesterday indeed ;-). Thank you for reply ;)
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:31 PM