none
Windows 7 Print Spooler

Question

• Hello Friends,

i am facing a strange issue that on some clients of windows 7 print spooler service keeps stopping and on start gives error message "Windows coudn't start the Print Spooler service n local computer. Error 0x80010057: 0x80010057" .

When i change   RegisterSpoolerRemoteRpcEndPoint vlaue from 1 to 0  at  HLM\software\policies\Microsoft\windows nt\printers ........  but after restart or group policy update problem comes again.

I am fed-up from this issue please help.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I understand you solved the issues by changing the registry value that you mentioned, however when computer restart or group policy update problem comes again. Did you mean the registry value change to 1 again after restarting or group policy update, so caused problem comes again? If i misunderstood, please don't hesitate to tell me.

If it is, you can update the registry via GPP. You can create a separate GPO just for those problem clients to update this registry.

Detailed operations, please refer to the next.

1. Create a new OU and add the      problem clients to it.
    2. Open      the Group Policy Management Console. Select the OU that you create,      Right click ->Create a GPO in this domain…, and Link it here.      Right-click the Group Policy object (GPO) that should contain the new      preference item, and then click Edit.
    3. In      the console tree under Computer Configuration, expand the Preferences      folder, and then expand the Windows Settings folder.
    4. Right-click      the Registry node, point to New, and select Registry Item.
    5. In      the New Registry Item dialog box, configure the related settings.

More details about “Registry Item”, please refer to:

Configure a Registry Item

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753092.aspx

If the server is in lower versions, you can’t find GPP, please use Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) in Windows 7 client to deploy GPP.

Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee449475(v=WS.10).aspx

In addition, there is a similar question please refer to.

Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer Error 0x80010057:0x80010057

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_update/windows-could-not-start-the-print-spooler-service/a900b572-395c-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?msgId=f91233ec-015d-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Friday, September 13, 2013 9:44 AM
  • Thanks for reply Justin Gu!  You rightly understood the problem.  I already implemented this on separate OU and by moving the machine objects in that OU.   I have the following registry settings in my GPO.

Location:      HLM\software\policies\Microsoft\windows nt\printers 

Item Name:   RegisterSpoolerRemoteRpcEndPoint

Value:      0

Action:      Update

Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:11 AM
  • This value is set if you enable the ADM template setting "Allow Print Spooler to accept client connections" (Computer config - policies - adm templates - printing)

Martin

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment :))

Restore the forum design - my user defined Cascading Style Sheet!

Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:11 AM