none
DMZ for My Lync Edge server

Question

• Hi,

I want to create the DMZ for My Lync Edge server with TMG server.Who can tell me the difference between the one TMG with three legs and two TMG serve for DMZ?

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 2:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

“Who can tell me the difference between the one TMG with three legs and two TMG serve for DMZ?” – they are two different network template, 3-leg  Perimeter Firewall is a Forefront TMG Server with three or more network adapters. The Perimeter network contains services, which should be accessible from the Internet but also protected by Forefront TMG. However the Back Firewall protects the internal network from access from the DMZ and the external network and it controls the network traffic which is allowed from DMZ hosts and from the Front Firewall.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I am going to deploy my edge server in the DMZ. Three legs firewall and two firewall DMZ all work for me. But I want to know the advantages and disadvantages for each DMZ scenario.

Thanks again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, December 28, 2012 9:46 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the update.

For more information about DMZ, please refer to this article:http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/isa_server_dmz_scenarios.html

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Saturday, December 29, 2012 3:07 AM
  • Thanks for your help.

Monday, December 31, 2012 5:57 AM