none
[outlook2007/2010] How to publish an existing form with extension *.fdm from local disk to Organizational form library in Exchange 2010Sp3

Question

• Hi all,

Exchange 2010 has created Public folder (Form) by Administrator account permission. And Outlook profile can see Organizational form library in Manage Form (File > Advance > Custom Form > Manage Form : Click Set button, and then see "Organizational form library"). Besides, Outlook 2010 is enable "Developer" option on Customize Ribbon, but the strange point is  "Publish form that doesn't display.

"

Now, I've an existing form (provided by third-party help user can open a voice message) with extension *.fdm in local disk. So, I'd like to upload this file to  Organizational form library for all Exchange members can get and install it.

Here are the form tree in my lab (third-party company will provide a *.fdm form associated to language: US , France , Japan , US)

I also follow some articles but doesn't see any information about uploading multiple existing forms *.fdm on local disk to Org Form Library.

SO, please help me on this.

Thanks,

Kevin.

• Edited by cuocdoi Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:59 AM edit content
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When you publish a form, you can maintain only a single published form.

To learn how to Create an Organizational Forms Library:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg236889.aspx

Here is an example for Outlook 2007 to publish a custom form to the Organizational Forms Library:

1. Load the form in outlook.

In outlook client, On the Tools menu, click Options.

On the Other tab, click Advanced Options, click Custom Forms, and then click Manage Forms. Before you click Install, verify that the correct folder is showing. If you do not see the correct form, click Set, and then browse through the additional folders.

Click Install… button. Change the Files of Type box to Form Message (*.fdm), and then change the Look in box to the local disk with the *.fdm file.

Note: if you use the outlook client where you designed the form, there is no need to open the form again. the form is already opened there.

2. Then we can open the form for design.

In outlook, click Tools, on the tools menu, click Forms, then click “Design a form…”

In the “look in” option, click to select the folder we previously set, for example, we loaded the form in the personal forms folder. so select “personal forms library”, under the list, we can see the form.

Select the outlook meeting template, then click Open

3. Publish the form

After open the form and finished the form design, we can publish to the organizational forms library.

Click Publish -> publish form as…

Then in the prompted publish form as window, please select “organizational forms library” in the look in option.

Then input the display name for the form for publish.

So the form is published to the organizational forms library.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:44 AM