none
Not able to watch Smooth LIVE Streams on Apple devices.

Question

• Hello,

I have a issue I don't understand. For a church I want to use Expression Encoder Pro to use Smooth Streaming (LIVE) content to a WMS on Windows 2008 R2 server.

When I create a publishing point and set the authentication option to "Basic, Digest" or "Windows" it is not possible to play the streams on my iPad/iPhone. I get the error: "This operation could not be completed"
    In a single browser on my PC everything works perfect.

If I enable the anonymous option there is no problem at all to watch the stream on my iPad/iPhone.

Is anybody else familiar with this problem or can someone explain the problem but most of all I wish someone has a solution.

These streams need to be behind a authentication due to copyright etc.

I use Active Directory to let users authenticate to the stream and have set their rights on the folder containing the stream.

So please help me if you can. Would be very appreciated and if you need more info I will be happy to provide.

Regards,

Eddie

• Edited by KDU_Eddie Friday, May 30, 2014 2:16 PM extra info
    Friday, May 30, 2014 2:15 PM

All replies

• Problem is solved. Seems that if I try to play a protected stream in Chrome on my iPad/iPhone there is a problem. Opening the same stream in Safari and logging in with AD credentials the stream WILL play !!
    Friday, May 30, 2014 2:44 PM