none
Error 0x800705b4 - skydrive windows 8.1

Question

• When I try to open my online files in the skydrive folder in windows 8.1, I get the error 0x800705b4. Also files I create on my system and save in the skydrive folder no longer sync to the cloud. Can anyone help?

lyde

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:39 AM

All replies

• I am having the same issue.

Monday, September 23, 2013 9:18 PM
  • Try to run the Microsoft Fixit tool to fix the problem.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9666880

Do you have two virus software installed?

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:07 AM
  • Having the same issue! The Fixit Tool under the link http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9666880 does not work for Windows 8.1.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:35 PM
  • Same here :( all files in the skydrive folder won't open.

I can still access them from website but when I try to open them on my computer I'm getting the same error (0x800705b4). They are listed in the folder with correct size but appear with no thumbnails.

Any solution?

• Proposed as answer by acidB Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:00 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by acidB Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:00 AM
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:22 PM
  • I solved this by login into my on line windows account and by selecting them all and right clicking on offline mode setting in skydrive metro app. Skydrive downloaded them all again and now I can access them like before. You can switch to your offline windows account and still use the files in skydrive but they won't sync now.

Hope it helps.

• Proposed as answer by acidB Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:04 AM
    Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:04 AM
  • I solved this by login into my on line windows account and by selecting them all and right clicking on offline mode setting in skydrive metro app. Skydrive downloaded them all again and now I can access them like before. You can switch to your offline windows account and still use the files in skydrive but they won't sync now.

Hope it helps.

I does not help when you need to acces files you saved in skydrive from another computer. You cannot download them. Think it is a bug with the new update because it works fine on my windows 7 desktop.

EDIT: You can find the solution in windows update or you can go to windows.microsoft.com and search for the error.

• Edited by Lasse_Hvid Monday, October 21, 2013 5:32 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 5:18 PM
  • ok I had similar issues, same error code and the skydrive did not appear to sync with the cloud in addition to failure in opening the "Online Only" documents. After struggling with this issue for long, I went to Skydrive on RT which showed me there were some errors in syncing. I had to resolve the errors / conflicts of all the documents and then Skydrive started syncing the way it should.

I wish they had some easier way of notifying the sync errors, may be on the task bar.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Parag

PD

Monday, October 21, 2013 9:44 PM
  • Interesting, I have the same Problem on my Surface Pro. But I don't find anything, which show me conflicts/errors or something. Can you tell me where you find the information?

Thanks

SBB

Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:55 AM
  • Same with one of my two computers, too.

Microsoft seems not to be interested in These Errors. I already searched/posted in several similar forum threads, no Microsoft answer, nobody of them cares. No support hotline, no support chat, no support phone.

As MS marketing tells us, it is the future of their company... Looks like they don't care for their future...

PLEASE, MICROSOFT; MAKE SKYDRIVE WORK AGAIN IN WINDOWS 8.1!!!!!

Monday, October 28, 2013 5:15 PM
  • I am having the same issue on my Surface RT running Windows 8.1.

If you think development is tough now, think how hard it was using punched cards :-)

Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:17 PM
  • Same here, but I can read my videos by metro app (Skydrive) with a very very slow download rate.

WP8 Under GR3 don't get to play them neither.

On my W510 I was even unable to get the files on computer. On my PC no problem. Maybe because I defined Skydrive on microSD

Monday, November 04, 2013 2:37 PM
  • This fix worked for me!  Whack Skydrive's settings, cache and directories and force it to reinitialize

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/forum/sdfiles-sdsync/skydrive-has-always-the-refresh-icon-on-windows-81/314334e5-e7dc-4e8c-b4be-608d6c253b4b

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:22 PM