none
Non-Applicable Date Field to display as N/A or Dash

Question

• Hi,

I have a list which contains date fields for a project management tool.

For Example:

Task1 - Date

Task 2 - Date

Task 3 - Date

Task 4 - Date

Task 5 - Date

I have 2 job types of Job, one of the job types does not require 1 of the items and so needs to display N/A in the field instead of a date.

I cannot leave it blank as it is going to pull through as 01/01/1000 on the front list view which i cant have.

Is there anything that i can do to get the N/A in there instead?

Thanks

Kirstie

Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no settings to display NA in the Date field. As a workaround, you can create a text field and set the field in current item to the date field via a workflow. Change the start options for this workflow: start workflow automatically when an item is created. Thus, the text field will set to the date when the items is created. Then, you can manually modify the date to NA in the text field as you like. Create another view to hide the original date column.

Thanks.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:21 PM
  • An option is to use the calculated field. 
    Create calculate field of type Date Time with the formula : =IF(ISBLANK(YourDateField),"N/A", YourDateField). Hide the column YourDateField from the view.

Regards,
    Dimcho

Please remember to indicate if the question/comment has been answered or is helpful.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no settings to display NA in the Date field. As a workaround, you can create a text field and set the field in current item to the date field via a workflow. Change the start options for this workflow: start workflow automatically when an item is created. Thus, the text field will set to the date when the items is created. Then, you can manually modify the date to NA in the text field as you like. Create another view to hide the original date column.

Thanks.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:21 PM
  • An option is to use the calculated field. 
    Create calculate field of type Date Time with the formula : =IF(ISBLANK(YourDateField),"N/A", YourDateField). Hide the column YourDateField from the view.

Regards,
    Dimcho

Please remember to indicate if the question/comment has been answered or is helpful.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:59 PM