none
Outlook 2013 List View shows items, but these do not appear in Calendar View

Question

• Hi, I'd be most grateful for any help ...

I'm using Outlook 2013, Windows 7 OS in Parallels 9 on latest iMac.

I've been using Outlook for many years and have not experienced the following problem before. I was inserting an appointment into to the Calendar View yesterday when the Calendar View suddenly cleared of all items. All calendar items including appointments, birthdays, all day events etc completely disappeared.

However, these items can be seen in the List View. But not in the Calendar View.

As part of my investigation into what has gone wrong, I have inserted appointments into the List View and these become available to view correctly in the Calendar app on my iPhone and iPad via iCloud. So I'm assuming that the basic Outlook data is OK and Outlook is recording this data correctly. Forgive me if I'm not using the correct terms here, but I'm a Driving Instructor and not particularly IT savvy.

I have also repaired the file using the scanpst.exe tool and have uninstalled and reinstalled Office.

I have taken screen shots, but am not able to include these images in this message until my TechNet account is verified.

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

• Edited by Bob HW Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:20 PM
    Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:18 PM

All replies

• Could you please detail the email type you are using, POP3, IMAP, Exchange account or Microsoft live account?

Seems that the calendar items exist in mailbox store but only fail to sync well from server site to Outlook client. If you use Exchange account, please test if the calendar items are visiable in profile with Exchange online mode.

You've tried to fix the OST/PST through Scanpst tool - the problem is not caused by local data file.

You've tried to reinstall Office - Office application is not the root of issue either.

At this point, please try to reset view to default to check if the problem would be gone. (Run Outlook switch command-line "Outlook.exe /cleanviews" in the Windows search bar and press Enter to launch Outlook)

In addition, we may totally create a new Outlook profile from Control Panel > Mails > Profile to test the result.

Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 16, 2013 12:54 PM
  • Hello Tony, many thanks for your help.

I'm using IMAP email type.

I tried to reset the view to default using the Outlook switch command line "Outlook.exe /cleanviews" in the Windows search bar, but this didn't rectify the issue.

To further explain what is happening: I am able to insert new appointments in List View and they synchronise with my iPhone and iPad successfully i.e. appear correctly in the Calendar on both these devices. However, if I insert a new appointment in Calendar View, when I click OK to insert the appointment, it doesn't appear in the Calendar View. However, it does appear in the List View and does synchronise with my iPhone and iPad devices.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:27 PM
  • Try to switch your IMAP account to "Keep offline to all" from Account setting to check the result.

Moreover, collect the sync issue log from Sync issue folder in Outlook folder module and find the clue.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 2:08 PM
  • Hi Tony, thanks for your suggestions. My IMAP account was already set to 'Keep offline to all'. Slider fully to the right. You suggested that I collect the sync issue log from the Sync issue folder in Outlook folder module. I've had a good look for this folder but have drawn a blank. Where do I locate it?

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:22 PM
  •  I've had a good look for this folder but have drawn a blank. Where do I locate it?

Blank result in Sync Issue Folder means there is no sync issue in your profile. Tried to insert a calendar item in my iCould account under the List View, but I cannot reproduce the behavior at all.

Have you tried to recreate a new Outlook profile and resync a OST data file to have a look?

Tony Chen

Sunday, January 05, 2014 3:50 PM