none
can i enable windows .net framework 3.5 when a windows language pack was installed earlier?

Question

• I have a additional windows language pack installed(other than the primary one ie., English) in my system (Windows 8.1 Pro), now i want to install or enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 through control panel under "turn windows features on or off". In the guide "Installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8 or 8.1" says

"Installing a Windows language pack before installing the .NET Framework 3.5 will cause the .NET Framework 3.5 installation to fail. Install the .NET Framework 3.5 before installing any Windows language packs".

As i have already installed a windows language pack, should i need to uninstall the windows language pack before trying to enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 through control panel under "turn windows features on or off" or should i go enabling it without bothering the additionally installed windows language pack?

Please advice.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What's your current language when you trying to add .net framework 3.5? Primary language or other language?

I made a test in our test enviroment, choose and install a language, but still keep using primary language. After that, trying to add .net framework 3.5, successfully.

While for your situation, you can try to add .net without uninstalling language pack for test.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your current language when you trying to add .net framework 3.5? Primary language or other language?

I made a test in our test enviroment, choose and install a language, but still keep using primary language. After that, trying to add .net framework 3.5, successfully.

While for your situation, you can try to add .net without uninstalling language pack for test.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:46 AM
  • hi,

the current language is the primary language - English.

and i try to add .net without uninstalling the additional language pack, hurrah... process completed...

thank you very much.....

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:17 PM