none
SSMSE on 2012

Question

• I have installed SQL Server Express 2012. Does this automatically install  SSMSE and if so where do I find it? Under the Programs List I don't have an explicit entry for SQL Server 2012 Express.  I have an entry for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and within it the following:

Download Microsoft SQL Server Compact

Import and Export Data (32 bit)

Import and Export Data (64 bit)

SQL Server Data Tools

SQL Server Management Studio

Configuration Tools

Documentation 7 Community

Integration Services

Is the 'SQL Server Management Studio' referred to above meant to SSME? I am finding the installation of the Express management Studio very confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:35 AM

Answers

• I have installed SQL Server Express 2012. Does this automatically install  SSMSE and if so where do I find it? Under the Programs List I don't have an explicit entry for SQL Server 2012 Express.  I have an entry for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and within it the following:

Download Microsoft SQL Server Compact

Import and Export Data (32 bit)

Import and Export Data (64 bit)

SQL Server Data Tools

SQL Server Management Studio

Configuration Tools

Documentation 7 Community

Integration Services

Is the 'SQL Server Management Studio' referred to above meant to SSME? I am finding the installation of the Express management Studio very confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SQL server management studio which comes with SQL server 2012 express installation is called Management studio express and is same as SQL server management studio.SO your installation is perfect and there is no need for you to worry.

When SSMS comes with express edition it is called as SSMSE just that.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

• Marked as answer by CatFelix Sunday, August 04, 2013 11:37 AM
    Sunday, August 04, 2013 10:04 AM