none
Shared Mailbox Cross forest Migration

Question

• Hi All,

We are in the process of Migrating mailbox from one exchange organization(Exch 2010) to another exchange organization(Exch 2010), i.e moving mailbox to another forest.

Mailbox are migrated sucessfuly without any errors.

How to migrate shared mailbox with permissions ?

Regards

Krishna

Regards KrishnaKumar

Monday, June 11, 2012 6:21 AM

Answers

• Hi

What tool or method are you using to perform the migrations?  If you are using the MRSProxy (remote move request) method then permissions will be retained on the shared mailbox.  Some migration tools (e.g. Quest) will also maintain permissions.

Steve

Monday, June 11, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Hello ntkrishna,

Yes, it will maintain permissions.

As far as I know, if you have migrated users with sid,  you will see users who have permissions on that mailbox.

If you have not migrated users, you will see users' sid on migrated mailbox.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi

What tool or method are you using to perform the migrations?  If you are using the MRSProxy (remote move request) method then permissions will be retained on the shared mailbox.  Some migration tools (e.g. Quest) will also maintain permissions.

Steve

Monday, June 11, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Hello ntkrishna,

Yes, it will maintain permissions.

As far as I know, if you have migrated users with sid,  you will see users who have permissions on that mailbox.

If you have not migrated users, you will see users' sid on migrated mailbox.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:35 AM