Windows 8 Consumer Preview - Error Drivers Dell Latitude E6420

Question

• I have a error when I tried to install audio drivers.

Computer model: Dell Latitude E6420

Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager/Admin
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager
    Date:          26/04/2012 18:15:47
    Event ID:      131
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:     
    User:          SYSTEM
    Description:
    Metadata staging failed, result={03A38A96-8FDF-11E1-A116-5C260A423CCE} for container '0x80004005'
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager" Guid="{FCBB06BB-6A2A-46E3-ABAA-246CB4E508B2}" />
        <EventID>131</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-04-26T21:15:47.542263500Z" />
        <EventRecordID>3547</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="1008" ThreadID="5008" />
        <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager/Admin</Channel>
        <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data Name="Prop_ContainerId">{03A38A96-8FDF-11E1-A116-5C260A423CCE}</Data>
        <Data Name="HRESULT">2147500037</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Ty,

Thiago Cardoso Luiz
    W: www.thiagocardoso.org
    T: www.twitter.com/t_cardoso
    Microsoft Student Partner - Brazil/SP
    MCT MCITP MCSE MCSA MCTS ITIL MSP MCC

Caso seja util vote e coloque como resposta!

Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:19 PM

Answers

• Need to wait for new released driver from Dell.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, April 30, 2012 6:25 AM

All replies

• Try looking inside the installer for applications (Installers) in addition to SETUP, and set the compatibility of all of them.

You may need to Extract with a program like WinRar, WinZip,7Zip, or similar

Saturday, April 28, 2012 10:04 PM
  • Need to wait for new released driver from Dell.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, April 30, 2012 6:25 AM
  • Hi,

I know this is a little late. It looks to me like an error more to do with the installer than the actual driver. When I started to use the Win7 CP I first got a trial for a software program that backs up current drivers (Vista at that time was the OS I backed up the divers from). Knowing the close relationship betweem Win8 and Win7 the driver has an excellent chance of being compatable. That said, many audio drivers also install a software UI, either that or the driver installer itself is probably locked to the Win7 version "6.1" and will refuse to install for Win8. A driver backup program is nice in such an instance because it won't back up such extras, just the required files to make the hardware work. Although such software is also far from perfect I remember getting video drivers working for thousands of people in this very forum using that very method. If you have reinstalled Win7 and plan to try this again I strongly suggest doing this.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 1:11 AM
  • I also did some quick investigating. I am quite used to Dell and know how they do things. There is a model Latitude 6530 that is much newer and also has a driver for IDT 92HDxxx audio dated 6/4/2012. The system is new enough that there is an excellent chance they may start posting Win8 drivers for it, if not just keep checking their other newer models that have similar audio, you will find what you are looking for, in fact the drivers I mentioned may just do what you need, try them.

Good Luck,

Rob

Saturday, July 07, 2012 1:40 AM