none
PROBLEM TO START WINDOWS OFFICE OFFLINE

Question

• WHENEVER I TRY TO OPEN A WORD DOCUMENT OR EXCEL SHEET IT DOESN'T OPEN AT FIRST INSTANCE. SECONDLY IF IT OPENS GETS UN RESPONSIVE AFTER SHORT WHILE AND ALSO SHOW A MESSAGE YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO INTERNET.

THIS NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME BUT RIGHT FROM THE DAY I PURCHASED THE SYSTEM. IT DOESN'T EVEN START IN THE SAFE MODE TOO.

PROVIDE A RESOLUTION ASAP.

Friday, July 26, 2013 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your post, I understand that your Office word and excel failed to start with error message “you are not connected to internet” even in the safe mode. The issue persisted when you bought the system.  

Before doing any troubleshooting, would you please help to clarify following questions? So that we can address your issue accurately.

1.       Please let me know the Office version and the type of license.
    2.       Were Office programs installed separately via disk or integrated in your system when you buy your computer?
    3.       Would you please help to capture the error message and post it here?

In order to narrow down the issue, let’s do following test. Please check whether the issue still persist in New user account and Clean boot mode, your cooperation is appreciated.

Test in New user account:
    Create a user account

Test in Clean boot mode:
    How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    Note After clean boot troubleshooting, please follow steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” in above article.

I am looking forward to your response and will try my best to help you.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Monday, July 29, 2013 12:21 PM

All replies

• To enable us to help you better, you need to provide as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.
    If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.

What troubleshooting have you done so far?
    Also please supply your systems specs, OS, Browser.
    Suggestions for asking for help on a site.

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:08 PM
  • Try reinstalling Microsoft Office.

And to assist you better, if reinstallation failed to solve the issue, kindly provide more details of Microsoft Office like version, edition, license (retail/OEM/VLK), etc.

Balaji Kundalam

Sunday, July 28, 2013 11:04 AM
  • Hi,

From your post, I understand that your Office word and excel failed to start with error message “you are not connected to internet” even in the safe mode. The issue persisted when you bought the system.  

Before doing any troubleshooting, would you please help to clarify following questions? So that we can address your issue accurately.

1.       Please let me know the Office version and the type of license.
    2.       Were Office programs installed separately via disk or integrated in your system when you buy your computer?
    3.       Would you please help to capture the error message and post it here?

In order to narrow down the issue, let’s do following test. Please check whether the issue still persist in New user account and Clean boot mode, your cooperation is appreciated.

Test in New user account:
    Create a user account

Test in Clean boot mode:
    How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    Note After clean boot troubleshooting, please follow steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” in above article.

I am looking forward to your response and will try my best to help you.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Monday, July 29, 2013 12:21 PM