none
unable to delete SMS_EXCHANGE component

Question

• can anyone please help me to completely remove SMS_Exchange connector in SCCM 2012sp1

I have removed exchange connector from Administration pane but still its showing in component status from Monitoring pane. How to completely remove it because in the status its showing critical and in status messages also its showing unable to remove performance counter even though i reset and also rebuild performance library.

how to remove this sms_exchange connector component and stopping its error messages ??

Sunday, September 01, 2013 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please upload the log content of eadisc.log here?

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 02, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Since the month of May we are facing this issue and since then the  easdisk.log is not updating...its data only shows that "Initialize: ExchangeServer http://hostname/powershell, Account , VerboseLog 0, INFO: End to process wipe/policy http://hostname1/powershell." thats it.

and in sitecomp.log i think the issue is with SMS_server_bootstrap service..it shows its aborted and failing..

now I removed and re configured exchange connector, it shows successfully connected but still I receive same critical status messages and "error communicating component" while trying to run query in CMSM. After removing the connector also the status remains same.
    Monday, September 02, 2013 6:16 PM
  • Please post the whole critical status message here.

Juke Chou

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:14 AM
  • Hi,

I found a thread you posted before. From the component log you posted,

Failed to read the required Operations Management component registry key values on local computer; error = 6 (0x6).

Failed to read in current property values and initialize COpsMgmtComponent object; error = 6 (0x6).

Failed to read the required Operations Management component registry key values on local computer; error = 6 (0x6).

Failed to read in current property values and initialize COpsMgmtComponent object; error = 6 (0x6).

Can not get the current execution state for component SMS_EXCHANGE_CONNECTOR since it is not installed or completed installing.

I think it is caused by Component Manager not being able to read the required registry key. You need to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Operations Management to check SMS_Exchange connector's hive and make sure the permission is set properly. Also, you may try to delete SMS_Exchange connector=> stop SMS component mananger and SMS executive service, then export the component hive as a backup=>delete the hive=>reconfigure SMS_Exchange connector.

Juke Chou

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:54 AM
  • Message 1 :Site Component Manager failed to reinstall this component on this site system.

Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. Site Component Manager will automatically retry the reinstallation in 60 minutes. To force Site Component Manager to immediately retry the reinstallation, stop and restart Site Component Manager using the Configuration Manager Service Manager.

Message 2:

Site Component Manager failed to remove the performance counters for this component from this site system.

Possible cause: Site Component Manager does not have sufficient access rights to administer the site system.
    Solution: Verify that the Site System Installation accounts are properly configured to allow the site to administer the site system.

Possible cause: The site system is turned off, not connected to the network, or not functioning properly.
    Solution: Verify that the site system is turned on, connected to the network, and functioning properly.

Possible cause: Network problems are preventing Site Component Manager from connecting to the site system.
    Solution: Investigate and correct any problems on your network.

More information may be available in Site Component Manager's log file "sitecomp.log" and the perfsetup.log on the site system.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:16 AM
  • Hi,

The messages you posted above indicate it is a permission issue or connectivity issue. Check the connection and account set for installation.

Juke Chou

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:46 AM
  • The user is also in Administrators group in exchange server with full admin rights. the same user is Administrator in SCCM server as well.  no error messages when i remove the connector and trying to reconfigure exchange connector by providing exchange server hostname. in system status view..the sms_exchange connector shows online.

the exchange server is accessible and also telent to port is successfully connected. what else do i need to check please guide me..

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:28 AM
  • Hi,

Have you checked my post above to try the registry remediation?

Juke Chou

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:52 AM
  • Dear Mr. Juke,

Thank you very much for your support and concern.

I performed you registry steps just. Previously in the component status window..it shows availability online..now its showing unknown.

the connector settings was successfull. I saw the summery of the exchange connector..there was no error message.

then I have deleted old messages from the sms_exchange connector status messages window.

I received same error messages..when trying to reinstall it fails..

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 11:16 AM
  • Mr. Juke,

What will be my next step to resolve this issue. i have performed all ur steps and also i have done rebuilding performance counters..also there is no issue with permissions. Please help.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 8:48 AM
  • Mr. Juke,

It has been a week since your last reply, please respond to me so that we can resolve this issue soon.

in the compmon.log i see the below error message:

Can not get the current execution state for component SMS_EXCHANGE_CONNECTOR since it is not installed or completed installing.

and i found there is sms_bootstrap service is not restarting .

please advice !

Monday, September 09, 2013 5:40 AM
  • Hi,

sms_bootstrap is an SMS service component that installs secondary sites that are created from within the SMS Administrator console.

Can you find the log in <InstallationDrive>\SMS_bootstrap.log ? Take a look, maybe we can find some clues.

As I said before, from the log above, Seems the registry keys cannot be read by component monitor. It is caused by either 1, the component installation is failed. 2, The registry key is missing or wrong permission being set.

Juke Chou

Monday, September 09, 2013 7:57 AM
  • Dear Mr. Juke,

Thanks for replying me.

Its true that there is a issue with installation failed of component. registry has been restored to the previous backup which i have taken before i performed your steps to delete the key. now its online but critical error.

We have only single site, one server in which DB is also installed along with application server. I am unable to find sms_bootstrap.log

I have uploaded the perfsetup and compmon n sitecomp logs in the link below please have a look at it.

http://sdrv.ms/19zyJYT

or

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5D268055D6860DFD!230&authkey=!AF8cxjWAR-0S1H4

now another component gone offline..sms_inbox manager.

Monday, September 09, 2013 8:40 AM
  • For all the above, I just want to alteast remove SMS_exchange connector component and stop these messages. it should be removed from the component status view also. please guide me to do this. I removed the component and also from the registry also but still it shows up in component status window and also it generating error messages...you please kindly help me regarding removing it completely rather troubleshooting it to become working.
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:39 AM
  • Not every issue can be solved here in the forums obviously so you might consider calling Microsoft support (CSS) to get it fixed.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:46 PM