none
PowerPivot and PowerView in SharePoint 2013

Question

• Hello 

I have created two servers(Server A and Server B). Server A is application server which I've installed SharePoint 2013 and Server B is the machine which I've installed SQL Server 2012SP1. 

I've created My SharePoint and added BI features. SSRS reports works without problem. It works in Wep Parts or in the galleries. However, I've problem with PowerPivot and Powerviews. When I deploy a PowerView and PowerPivot then I cannot open them. Every time it gives me the permission errors. It says something like you don't have permission in every time. But, I am the DB_Owner of the database. There shouldn't be a permission error. That I cannot understand. Please explain me. 

Thanks in advance..

Friday, August 23, 2013 12:37 PM

Answers

• How are you deploying them to the SP server?  Are you adding already made workbooks to a document library, using PerformancePoint to connect directly to a cube, creating the PowerPivot reports using Excel Services?

Check your SQL server logs for access denied errors, check your ULS logs on your SharePoint server.  Those are the two places I would start.

Friday, August 23, 2013 3:04 PM

All replies

• How are you deploying them to the SP server?  Are you adding already made workbooks to a document library, using PerformancePoint to connect directly to a cube, creating the PowerPivot reports using Excel Services?

Check your SQL server logs for access denied errors, check your ULS logs on your SharePoint server.  Those are the two places I would start.

Friday, August 23, 2013 3:04 PM
  • I just created a PowerViev report in Excel. I've saved it in my desktop then browsed it to Document Library in my SharePoint. Meanwhile, where are these log files? Sorry, I'm quiet new in SharePoint..

KAdir

Friday, August 23, 2013 3:25 PM
  • I just created a PowerViev report in Excel. I've saved it in my desktop then browsed it to Document Library in my SharePoint. Meanwhile, where are these log files? Sorry, I'm quiet new in SharePoint..

KAdir

The default location for ULS logs in SP 2013 is

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS

I suggest some kind of ULS log viewer like this one:

http://ulsviewer.codeplex.com/

Do you have Excel Services Service setup on your farm?

Friday, August 23, 2013 3:32 PM
  • Okay I've downloaded ULSViewer and opened todays Logs from

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS

KAdir

Friday, August 23, 2013 3:45 PM