none
How do I remove items from an Extended Attribute tab?

Question

• I have 3 items in an Extended Attribute tab, I want to delete 2 items from the list to no avail, there is no remove capability and the delete key on the keyboard doesn't work. I am the creator. I have Administration right also. I wish I could snap a screen shot for you. How can I delete 2 items from the Extended Attributes tab please?
    • Edited by NasLavaie Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:36 PM
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 12:35 AM

Answers

• Are you the administrator of FIM or the end user using the system?
    My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com
    • Marked as answer by NasLavaie Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:34 PM
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:45 AM
  • I am auuming the otehr thread you started is a follow-on from this http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/ilm2/thread/170f8338-b412-43b7-8678-a7777f1adc5b. Please post in the same trhead if it's about the same subject.

I thought from waht you said here you wanted the fields to dissappear entirely. From the picture you posted it sounds like you just want to delete a couple of values from a multivalued field.

Please go and read up on Management Policy Rules. You don't have the rights to edit the field. Just being administrator does not automatically give you rights.

http://www.wapshere.com/missmiis
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:28 PM
  • Thanks, I figured it was MPR that's why I asked if we need to do a iireset after making changes to an MPR. However, Which MPR would give me that remove capability? Should I create a new one? Thanks for checking on me and have a great day!
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:34 PM
  • I have already figured out the remedy to this. Thanks everyone for trying. I no logner need any assistance in this subject. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by NasLavaie Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:54 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:54 PM

All replies

• Are you the administrator of FIM or the end user using the system?
    My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:45 AM
  • I am auuming the otehr thread you started is a follow-on from this http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/ilm2/thread/170f8338-b412-43b7-8678-a7777f1adc5b. Please post in the same trhead if it's about the same subject.

I thought from waht you said here you wanted the fields to dissappear entirely. From the picture you posted it sounds like you just want to delete a couple of values from a multivalued field.

Please go and read up on Management Policy Rules. You don't have the rights to edit the field. Just being administrator does not automatically give you rights.

http://www.wapshere.com/missmiis
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:28 PM
  • Thanks, I figured it was MPR that's why I asked if we need to do a iireset after making changes to an MPR. However, Which MPR would give me that remove capability? Should I create a new one? Thanks for checking on me and have a great day!
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:34 PM
  • Nas, it's NOT an MPR issue. Please speak to Tim and he will explain it to you again.
    Dave Nesbitt | Architect | Oxford Computer Group
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:16 AM
  • No MPR would give that remove capability.

-- it does not make sense one MPR is automatically allowing the removal and the other MPR allowing the right to the admin or the end user for the same task.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:32 PM
  • I have already figured out the remedy to this. Thanks everyone for trying. I no logner need any assistance in this subject. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by NasLavaie Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:54 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:54 PM