I keep getting this message .."The identity of this website or the integrity of this connection cannot be verified"

Question

• "The identity of this website or the integrity of this connection cannot be verified"
    Saturday, December 25, 2010 10:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Where and in what DPM context are you getting this error?

/Steve

Steve L [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:59 PM
  • Tedbib,

Can you provide some more information about this as requested by Steve too?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, January 10, 2011 6:14 AM
  • I am having this problem too. It started happening about 3 or 4 weeks ago, we have a fairly new computer, maybe 6 months old, running Windows 7, 64 bit. One day opened up explorer (to go to our google home page) and got the message stated in the title. Underneath it says "The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority" Underneath that it says "The security certificate date is valid" The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site". Do you want to proceed? Yes/No. If I choose yes, it spawns un ending new tabs of explorer, if I say no, it closes. Now I'm having to use chrome to surf. Any expertise would be helpful.
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:29 AM
  • This does not sound like an issue with DPM. Is there something I am missing about this issue? I think you probably should post this issue on the Internet Explorer forums.

Thanks,

Marc

Monday, February 28, 2011 1:23 PM
  • Hello,

My users are getting security alert randomly when they are using Microsoft word 2010 or excel 2010. It say "the identity of this website or the integrity of this connection cannot be verified" Please point me to the right direction on how to fix this thing.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 3:23 PM
  • I am getting the same error. If I view the certificate and install it, the error still pops up again, whether I have Internet Explorer or not. Is it some kind of virus? Here are the certificate details:

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:02 AM
  • I started getting this annoyance after installing the Office 360 trial. It pops up whenever I use Word or Excel 2010.

• Edited by duluthgeek Saturday, September 08, 2012 6:19 PM
    Saturday, September 08, 2012 6:17 PM
  • Too bad Microsoft staff does not bother to read this blog....
    Saturday, October 06, 2012 12:14 AM
  • Ugh, I can't find a solution to this any where! I hate this thing, Why doesn't microsoft have a fix?!
    Monday, October 22, 2012 12:16 AM
  • I am getting the same after installing Synch and Office 365 six month trial. It seems to pop up on my Word screen although it also pops up when I open nothing and don't access the web it still eventually shows up on my screen.  The Microsoft request for DPM is meaningless to me as a novice.  I cleaned Synch from my system and dropped the Ofice 365 trial, but the message continues to pop up multiple times per hour
    Tuesday, November 06, 2012 12:11 AM