none
Uninitialized SSD is write protected. [SOLVED]

Question

• I just got a new SSD today and I have tired to format it.

When using Disk Manager I can't initialize due to an I/O error. And when using DISKPART I can't create partition due to the media being write protected.

Here's the disk details:

DISKPART> detail disk
    SanDisk SDSSDX240GG25 ATA Device
    Disk ID: 00000000
    Type   : ATA
    Path   : 1
    Target : 0
    LUN ID : 0
    Location Path : PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1F02)#ATA(C01T00L00)
    Current Read-only State : Yes
    Read-only  : Yes
    Boot Disk  : No
    Pagefile Disk  : No
    Hibernation File Disk  : No
    Crashdump Disk  : No
    Clustered Disk  : No

Using Win8 houlds should I approach this?

[SOLVED]

I changed the SATA port on my mother port the disk was put in. Booted back up and it was all good. 

• Edited by Swidtter Friday, October 04, 2013 10:08 PM
    Thursday, October 03, 2013 8:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Update it's firmware please else I know some SSD fallback in read-only mode when they detect data loose/corruption.. (to protect the available data left) As it's a new unit if the firmware does not work maybe check with your store to return it.

If in your first day that you received it you can easilly call for a DOA too.

Regards 

MCP | MCTS - Exchange 2007, Configuring | Member of the TechNet Wiki Community Council | Member of the TechNet Wiki International Council | French Moderator on TechNet Wiki (Translation Widget)| Citrix Certified Administrator : XenApp | Citrix Certified Administrator : XenDesktop

Friday, October 04, 2013 1:33 AM
  • Hello, 

According to your diskpart info, Disk is in read only state "Current Read-only State :Yes." have you or someone set it read-only.?

Try to change this read-only settings by using a command diskpart> attributes clear or set

Refer below link to know more about diskpart.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766465(v=ws.10).aspx

Note: Be careful while working with diskpart command. Mistakes can cause of data loss in disks/partitions. Test a command in testlab before touching production servers.

Regards, Ravikumar P

Friday, October 04, 2013 9:20 AM