none
Citrix XenServer's being classified as "physical" Machine Type in Hardware Inventory

Question

• Hi everyone,

We've been working in an environment where Citrix Xen is of large use and while digging through our results, noticed that in one of the MAP 8.0 reports, Hardware Inventory Results for All Computers, all of our XenServer's were showing as having a "Machine Type = Virtual" where this this not the true case.

Are you able to comment on what information is used to make the decision "Virtual vs. Physical"? And these Xen machines are not showing as Virtual as they should be?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or information I can provide to help.

Thank you,

-Ken

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:29 PM

All replies

• I also see virtual servers with a Xen hypervisor shown as Physical servers.

Can MS resonse to this problem that this is a bug or that MS can not see if a Xen Hypervisor is used.

Thanks

Rick

Friday, July 12, 2013 10:26 AM
  • This is a known issue. MAP does not support the discovery of Xen servers so the virtual machines that run on that hypervisor will not be recognized as virtual machines and therefore MAP will list the default value of “physical”.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:49 PM