none
Beginner in sharepoint

Question

• Hi All,

I am  a developer in .net technologies and has been working on the web applications for some time. I find sharepoint very interesting as people use it. I want to learn development in sharepoint 2010 but I am clueless from where to start. I need a perfect guide from installation to development. Can anyone provide me with a list of tools and technologies required to start developing in sharepoint. The few I know is Visual studio 2012, SQL Server 2008....etc . I just need the steps and what all things I need to install for my learning. I read we have to install some VM for sharepoint server. Please help me in this

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hello!

There is a few options for a development environment. You should consider the SharePoint Version (2007, 2010, 2013) and some other things.

I strongly recommend you to go to the "VM" path. They are easy to handle, you can generate snapshots and there are many other advantages.

You can search for any tutorial for "SharePoint Development Environment" and everything will be fine.

You probably will start with Windows Server 2008 R2 + SQL Server 2008 R2 + SharePoint Server/Foundation 2010 + Visual Studio 2010/2012.

You should probably start with sharepoint basics, like "Creating WebApplications, Site Collections, Lists and Library". Once you are comfortable with basic sharepoint operations, like creating list items, pages etc, you can start to develop SharePoint WebParts/Visual WebParts.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:22 PM
  • Hey,

this link should help you on how to setup the development environment. After that I would recommend some youtube videos on how to start in SharePoint and after that on how to develop for SharePoint.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee554869.aspx

Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hello!

There is a few options for a development environment. You should consider the SharePoint Version (2007, 2010, 2013) and some other things.

I strongly recommend you to go to the "VM" path. They are easy to handle, you can generate snapshots and there are many other advantages.

You can search for any tutorial for "SharePoint Development Environment" and everything will be fine.

You probably will start with Windows Server 2008 R2 + SQL Server 2008 R2 + SharePoint Server/Foundation 2010 + Visual Studio 2010/2012.

You should probably start with sharepoint basics, like "Creating WebApplications, Site Collections, Lists and Library". Once you are comfortable with basic sharepoint operations, like creating list items, pages etc, you can start to develop SharePoint WebParts/Visual WebParts.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:22 PM
  • Hey,

this link should help you on how to setup the development environment. After that I would recommend some youtube videos on how to start in SharePoint and after that on how to develop for SharePoint.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee554869.aspx

Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:18 PM