none
Error code 10061:Connection refused while aceessing google

Question

• Dear All,

I have strange problem, We have installed Microsoft TMG 2010 Version: 7.0.9193.515.

• Error Code 10061: Connection refused while accessing only google site, Only google site is blocking connection for 1 mins.
    • again its release connection automatically. But if I check google access without proxy with direct connection in firewall on client machine google works perfectly.
    • This issue is persisting from last one month, kindly help
    • Windows OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 64BIT

Thanks Inadvance, Kindly help.

shashij@tataelxsi.co.in

• Edited by Shashijivva Friday, November 08, 2013 12:57 PM
    Friday, November 08, 2013 12:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post here.

Before troubleshooting, I think the articles below are also important.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3443.clients-behind-isatmg-get-network-access-message-error-code-10061-connection-refused-in-browser-while-accessing-internet-intermittently-as-this-page-is-displayed-by-tmg-or-isa-server-lot-of-people-think-that-its-an-issue-with.aspx

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/forefront/en-US/a017a9c0-46bf-4f05-b953-243c6b4767a0/error-code-10061-connection-refused

1. Is the proxy configured manually or automatically? If it is configured automatically, please try to clear WPAD and cache on client site.
    2. Do you enable cache on TMG? If yes, please try to disable it and look if the issue persist.
    3. Please check your TMG live logging to see which rule is blocking your traffic.

Best Regards

Quan Gu   

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:02 AM
  • Hi Quan Gu,

Thanks for the quick reply, Please find details which mentioned above.

1. Yes we have configured proxy manually on client machine, and tryed WPAD chache cleared.

2. Tryed enable/Disable TMG cache

Still issue persist.

Few more observation are below:-

Google access goes off with above error for only 30sec to 1 mins, automatically restores back.

While Google access refused connection with google.com or google.co.in website, Same time google site works fine with

It's public IP Like:- 74.125.236.159, 74.125.236.151, 74.125.236.152, 173.194.36.56, 173.194.36.63, 173.194.36.55

Please advice.

Shashi

Monday, November 11, 2013 7:58 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your update.

Does the problem occur regularly or randomly?

Since the problem is a special case that it appears only when you access google. So I need you to do the steps below:

1. When the problem occur, please capture error information on TMG or check report on TMG
    2. Do you use public DNS? Do you configure DNS address on TMG’s internal or external NIC? I need to know your DNS location. Please try to modify your host file on TMG server. You are able to write mapping relationship between google and its IP to host file so that we can confirm if the problem is related to the DNS. http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/how-do-i-modify-my-hosts-file

Best Regards

Quan Gu    

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:11 AM
  • Dear Quan,

This problem is randomly comming.

We have local DNS server (Installed on Windows2003) in our network, which will forward query to ISP DNS server.

Yes have already added google DNS address in TMG server host file.

But still today we have this issue three times.

We have teasted Primary & Secondory DNS as diffrent remte location (Sub Branch) server ip, same problem.

Where as in Sub branch same version TMG is working fine same configuration.

Have installed anather server in same network with windows 2008 base OS, there also same problem is there. 

Thanks & Regards,

Shashi

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:16 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any other Firewall or secure device between the TMG and internet?

When the issue occurs, please try to clear arp information on TMG server or switch to see if the issue can restore back immediately.

If the above steps still cannot help you, I think you need to capture the network packets from TMG to google while the issue appears so that we can confirm whether the issue is related to TMG and where the traffic is blocked.

In addition, Do the google works fine on your TMG before? If you did something result in the issue. For example, replace ISA with TMG or migration?

You also need to compare your network environment with the site that works fine.

Any update, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards

Quan Gu  

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:22 AM
  • Hi Quan,

Thans for you reply ,

1. We have not install any Firewall device between TMG and Internet.

2. Have cleared ARP table from LE Core switch and TMG proxy server, Still problem is there.

3. Today also we had google connection refused issue 1-2 times, restored back in 1 mins, Coludnt capture logs in that time frame.

tomorrow I will try to collect these.

Any more suggestion on this please update.

Note:- If you colud take a remote and check i will available as per your convinient time. 

Regards,

Shashi

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:06 PM