none
Infopath rules are not working

Question

• Hi,

My infopath form action rule is not working.

It is a simple rule where you check two fields if its not blank then multiply them and add them to another field.

I can use properties of the textbox to set the field but cant do it using the rules

Please help

• Edited by roma_victa Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:16 AM
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:13 AM

Answers

• hi, 

I have written the above condition in the cost field, i write them in both unitRate and NoOfStaff and it worked

Thank you for the replays

• Marked as answer by roma_victa Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:32 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Copy this rule from the Cost field and place it onto a button within the form, then enter a value into the UnitRate and NoOfStaff controls and press the button, if the Cost control gets updated then you know the rule works. 

If this is the case, then i would place the rule onto both the UnitRate and NoOfStaff controls and not onto the Cost control as this is most likely only ever running when the form opens and as these values are empty the result is nothing.

Regards

Sergio Giusti
    http://sergioblogs.blog.co.uk/

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click " Alternate Text Vote As Helpful". And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click " Alternate Text Mark As Answer".

Monday, September 16, 2013 2:58 PM

All replies

• Could you try the same in a new list and see it works there or not.

Regards  Roy Joyson
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem.

Roy Joyson

Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:20 AM
  • Are there any conditions on which these rules run?
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:23 PM
  • hi, 

I have written the above condition in the cost field, i write them in both unitRate and NoOfStaff and it worked

Thank you for the replays

Monday, September 16, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Copy this rule from the Cost field and place it onto a button within the form, then enter a value into the UnitRate and NoOfStaff controls and press the button, if the Cost control gets updated then you know the rule works. 

If this is the case, then i would place the rule onto both the UnitRate and NoOfStaff controls and not onto the Cost control as this is most likely only ever running when the form opens and as these values are empty the result is nothing.

Regards

Sergio Giusti
    http://sergioblogs.blog.co.uk/

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click " Alternate Text Vote As Helpful". And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click " Alternate Text Mark As Answer".

Monday, September 16, 2013 2:58 PM