none
Exchange 2013 can't receive mail - 451 4.7.0 Temporary server error

Question

• Hello all,

It seems like a common problem, but I still have not found my solution. So this is a fresh Exchange 2013 installation on top of a Windows 2012 box (also fresh install) and in a brand new domain (only one other machine running the DC/DNS role). The DC is configured with a forwarder to the Google's DNS and it is able to resolve. The EX is set to use the DC as a DNS server and it is able to resolve. Obviously there is something wrong with the DNS. 

I've tried:

- disabling/enabling IPv6 on the EX

- setting the DNS server setting in Network properties on the DC with an internal address 192.168.xx.xx instead of 127.0.0.1

- setting only one DNS server on the EX (the DC), no secondary DNS

- disabling every other NIC. They have only one now.

- adding the 192.168.xx.xx address in the hosts file of the EX for the name ex1 and ex1.mydomain.com

Still I experience the same problem.

Any more ideas that could possible help me?

Thank you in advance!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Have your connectors been setup as well as your accepted domains in Exchange?

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

They have been automatically set up during the installation of the Exchange. I am using only one domain space. I checked them, they look ok.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Hi

Have a try to Restart Transport service on the MBX server

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:05 AM
  • Seems Gateway not configured properly on all servers.. also need to check Receive connector if needed reconfigure it. Yes Transport services of course might be not running or stopped status.. Need to check all.

Sanjay

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:05 PM
  • This worked for me, but I had to manually end the process in task manager before I could get the process to successfully restart.
    Monday, April 07, 2014 8:18 PM