none
Multipoint Server 2013 documentation

Question

• I can't find any documentation for this server package. A school I work with bought this with 20 seats, but there's no documentation I can find to aid in set up or to help train the users.
    • Edited by Jusprich Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:51 PM

All replies

• You're right. There is nothing completed for the 2012 version. Trial and error my friend, and hope that whatever questions you have can be answered here on this forum.
    Tuesday, September 03, 2013 9:13 PM
  • Do you mean you have the Multipoint software with 20 seat licenses?  Or you have physical hardware to set up?

Where/how are they wanting to use it?  I work in a school and I've done everything from setting up a 35-seat lab to little 4-seat installs in classrooms.  I might be able to help walk you through some of the setup, but need to know where you're at with hardware and planning.

Friday, September 13, 2013 2:15 PM
  • Hi Steve, thank you very much for your response to this thread. Hopefully your offer of assistance extends to people in the SBM sector and not just educational users :)))

For reference I'm rather enthused about this platform as its one of the first times I've seen MS licensing for VDI that was borderline financially feasible for SBM use. As a result I've been working with it full time plus for about two months now, and have it actually running in test environments in two different companies. In the first I've been relatively successful in moving their entire small retail store to this platform, which given the need to ensure business continuity was no small effort - especially given the relatively small community that seems to exist.

For what its worth, here are the threads I'm hoping to get some input on, that Microsoft, et al seem to be completely ignoring making me feel like I'm trying to adopt the red headed step child that everyone pretends doesn't exist...

screensaver-for-logged-in-users

num-lock-activated-for-login-screen

WMS 2012 AD DC capable or not?

Scanner questions

Thanks,
    Shawn

• Edited by golub1 Friday, September 13, 2013 3:50 PM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 3:03 PM
  • Oh well. For a brief moment there, I thought there might actually be someone else out there trying to figure this OS out. Guess I was wrong...
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:05 AM
  • Hi Friend,

I'm also very excited about this technology and feel that the support community is really small. This either works great with no flaws, or we are on for a ride.

Good luck!

Monday, September 30, 2013 1:30 PM
  • I'm kind of hoping that the complete lack of MS representation means that they are just working really hard on WMS 2012 R2 given that the main versions are released to the public in 19 days. Who knows, in a year or two they might even get around to writing the Deployment Manual and the Help Screens for the Event Viewer :)
    Monday, September 30, 2013 1:46 PM