none
Time is not apperaring in Time sheet

Question

• Hi,

I am using Project Server 2010. There 100+ resources which are assigned to different projects. For only one resource his time sheet doesnt show any hours after Nov 12, 2013 even though he is assigned with multile tasks in different projects. The tasks are appearing in Timesheet but after Nov 12, 2013 there is nothing coming in the grid on Planned hours for all the timesheets(current/future). This is quite strange as it is happeneing only with one resorce. His timesheet is not greyed out as well. I have checked his calendar and there is nothing wrong with that as well. he is not marked inactive as well. I have checked all the possibilities on my end but still no luck. Need help urgently.

Thanks,

Fahad Khan Niazi

_________ Fahad Ahmed Khan .NET Articles, Web Development, SharePoint and Project Server Custom Solution Provider

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Fahad Khan Niazi,

The first things to check out are:

• Are the assignment for the resource done on the correct period?
    • Is the resource the assignment owner of the assignment?
    • Is the "publish" field for the assignments set to "yes"?
    • Is the project correctly published?

In case all those points are checked out, you could do as following:

• change the assignment owner for the assignments that are not showing up in the timesheet (choose the project owner for example)
    • publish the project
    • set the assignment owner to the initial value (the resource himself)
    • publish again the project

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:59 PM
  • Hi thanks for reply mate. Well for all your question, the answer is yes. The second part where u made a suggestion to change the assignment owner and stuff. The issue is most of the tasks are continuing tasks, let say there was a task "Meeting with client" or anyother similar task their finish date is in next year. e.eg task A was assigned to him from 11/1 to 11/30, all the hours are coming till 11/12 but nothing after that even though their are remaining hours as well for that task. Timesheets are created till the mid of 2014. And this is the only resource having this issue. Also their are no filters applied. Its really confusing, if you go to Resource center and resource availability, all his tasks are coming for all those days where his timesheet is coming up blank.

Need some urgent help please.

_________ Fahad Ahmed Khan .NET Articles, Web Development, SharePoint and Project Server Custom Solution Provider

Monday, November 18, 2013 6:27 AM
  • M really missing good old days when one used to get solutions more quickly. Guys i reallly need this one to get fixed. Please help

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:11 PM
  • Fahad,

Can the user see the task correctly in "My Tasks" link (not in the Timesheet)?

If so, you'll probably need to delete and recreate the timesheet.

Hope it helps,

René Alvarez

Rene Alvarez

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:19 AM
  • Yes the tasks are coming in My Task. How can i delete the timesheet for a specific resource.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:05 AM
  • i deleted the Timesheet and created it again still the tasks are only coming till November 12

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:34 AM
  • Come on guys, kinda desperate here.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:38 AM
  • I have not seen this behavior before so this is a total guess but have you opened the resource in the resource pool (ms project> resource sheet) at looked to see if maybe there is a resource availability date limit set?  As you describe the problem there has got to be some date limit setting that won't allow the timesheet data to go through just for that resource.  Has anyone changed their booking type from committed to proposed in the project by any chance?  Those are the only outside  guesses I have.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:24 PM