none
Calling back with empty distribution points list

    Question

  • We are migrating SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012. Migration of all secondary sites is now complete. Now only one primary site is left for migration and all the clients in this site belong to a single AD site say "X" . Nearly 20% of the clients in this primary site are migrated to SCCM 2012 and remaining 80% are still in SCCM 2007. We thought of migrating all the clients in 15 days but ended up migrating only 20% because of various issues. Now our cause of concern is about the migrated machines.  We cant leave them unpatched for months. So we added the AD site "X" to SCCM 2012 also and all the machines started to receive the policies . We also created a boundary group for this AD site and assigned a SCCM 2012 DP to it. But all the clients gave the same error "Calling back with empty distribution points list". Why these clinets are unable to find DP eventhough a DP is assigned to them.

    R.K

    Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:14 AM

Answers

  • Thanks nickmo for the reply.

    The problem is now sloved. As data gathering was turned on between SCCM 2007 and 2012, DPs of SCCM 2007 was getting automatically synced to SCCM 2012 and they appeared in sitesystems of this boundary. Clients were giving priority to find the content in those SCCM 2007 DPs eventhough SCCM 2012 DP is assigned to it. First we removed those SCCM 2007 DP site systems from the boundary. Then we stopped datagathering process. After sometime the clients were able to find data in SCCM 2012 DPs. 


    R.K


    • Edited by RK. _ Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:37 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Torsten [MVP]MVP, Moderator Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by RK. _ Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:48 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:36 PM

All replies

  • When you say you've created a boundary group, did you create both a content boundary AND a site assignment boundary group?  Make sure you have both and that they are in two different groups.


    Nick Moseley | http://t3chn1ck.wordpress.com

    • Marked as answer by RK. _ Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:27 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by RK. _ Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:27 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:19 PM
  • Thanks nickmo for the reply.

    The problem is now sloved. As data gathering was turned on between SCCM 2007 and 2012, DPs of SCCM 2007 was getting automatically synced to SCCM 2012 and they appeared in sitesystems of this boundary. Clients were giving priority to find the content in those SCCM 2007 DPs eventhough SCCM 2012 DP is assigned to it. First we removed those SCCM 2007 DP site systems from the boundary. Then we stopped datagathering process. After sometime the clients were able to find data in SCCM 2012 DPs. 


    R.K


    • Edited by RK. _ Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:37 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Torsten [MVP]MVP, Moderator Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by RK. _ Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:48 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:36 PM