none
.NET Framework 4.5 via WSUS

Question

• Good Afternoon:

I am trying to get clarification in regards to .net framework being released via WSUS.  I have been reading conflicting things online.  I have a 2012R2 deployment with WSUS 6.3, and noticing none of my Server 2012 servers have been getting the 4.5 framework.  Looking in the console today, it is not even a downloaded update, I synchronized thinking maybe I missed it, the latest framework I see is 3.5 SP1.  Could anyone please advise why this is not being downloaded into my WSUS console.  I do not have language packs selected in Classifications, however my understanding this is an "update".

Do I have to manually download this?

Thursday, February 06, 2014 7:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• i'm in the same position.  I need to deploy .net 4.5 to 300+ computers so either through wsus or a package deployment through sccm 2012.  too much conflicting info online as i'm not seeing it in the wsus console.

Thursday, February 06, 2014 7:22 PM
  • Are you syncing the "Update Rollups" classification?
    It shows up in my freshly built WS2012R2 WSUS ok?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Thursday, February 06, 2014 8:18 PM
  • Hmmm I did have Update Rollups selected in classifications but it wasn't showing as it does for you.  I de-selected it and re-selected it and its showing up now and is also showing the update.  thank you very much for your help  :-)
    • Proposed as answer by jjohnson0511 Thursday, February 06, 2014 9:08 PM
    Thursday, February 06, 2014 9:08 PM
  • Thanks for your replies, yeah mine was not under the Update Rollups either.

I ended up manually importing it.

Thursday, February 06, 2014 9:31 PM
  • .NET Framework 4.5 is not released to WSUS, but 4.5.1 is, in the "Feature Packs" Classification:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 coming to WSUS

.NET Framework 4.5 is already included in Windows 8 and Server 2012 and 4.5.1 supercedes 4.5.

Check out this table:

Overview of .NET Framework release history

Rolf Lidvall, Swedish Radio (Ltd)

• Edited by Rolf Lidvall Friday, February 07, 2014 8:39 AM append
    • Proposed as answer by Rolf Lidvall Monday, February 10, 2014 9:12 AM
    Friday, February 07, 2014 8:36 AM