none
thisworkbook.refreshall. Refreshes excel table, doesn't refresh linked powerpivot model table

Question

• I have an excel table that's populated using Power Query from the web.

I've added this table to my data model as a linked table.

I've added a button that drives a simple macro that has a thisWorkbook.RefreshAll call at the end (there's some filters that need to be set beforehand that drive which URL is used to source the data)

This call runs the power query that refreshes the excel table, but the linked table doesn't refresh unless i open powerpivot. It then refreshes automatically.

Why is this? Am I missing something? I have multiple tables in my data model sourced via different means and the result is an out of sync data model. It's only this Power Query table that isn't getting refreshed.

Jakub @ Adelaide, Australia

Friday, January 17, 2014 4:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Jakub,

Thank you for your question. I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:58 AM
  • Hi,

Your question falls into the paid support category which requires a more in-depth level of support. Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Jun Zh - MSFT Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 7:48 AM
  • I didn't realise that the 'refresh' button in excel not working was a paid support issue

I think i'll leave it for now and plan my "PowerBI" around not using power query + power pivot together where the data source isn't static

Jakub @ Adelaide, Australia

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:54 AM