none
Attempting to ping RPC endpoint 6001 - 0x6ba

Question

• OK...So I am on day 3 of this issue, and haven't solved it yet....and it's so frustrating....I have read article after article, and made change after change and still it doesn't work

I have turned off firewalls, I have telneted from internally, and externally, and it all seems to work.

I made adjustments to Registry and ensured Valid Ports are setup....which on a side note.....it keeps populating the Validports Registry Key with Old server information....I adjusted it to the new settings.....yet after 5 minutes the old setting showed up again....Does anyone one know where it was getting the information from?

I have been on this for a days and I am getting flustered.  I have NOT configured Autodiscovery as of yet.... doing one thing at a time.

Included is the Remote Connectivity Analyzer report.  Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Testing RPC/HTTP connectivity.
      The RPC/HTTP test failed.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name mail.twentyteninc.com in DNS.
      The host name resolved successfully.

Additional Details
      IP addresses returned: 207.245.204.90
    Testing TCP port 443 on host mail.twentyteninc.com to ensure it's listening and open.
      The port was opened successfully.
    Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.
      The certificate passed all validation requirements.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to obtain the SSL certificate from remote server mail.twentyteninc.com on port 443.
      ExRCA successfully obtained the remote SSL certificate.

Additional Details
      Remote Certificate Subject: E=hurst@twentyteninc.com, CN=mail.twentyteninc.com, Description=496904-Cvml24Y4Y3lfW81B, Issuer: CN=StartCom Class 1 Primary Intermediate Server CA, OU=Secure Digital Certificate Signing, O=StartCom Ltd., C=IL.
    Validating the certificate name.
      The certificate name was validated successfully.

Additional Details
      Host name mail.twentyteninc.com was found in the Certificate Subject Common name.
    Certificate trust is being validated.
      The certificate is trusted and all certificates are present in the chain.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to build certificate chains for certificate E=hurst@twentyteninc.com, CN=mail.twentyteninc.com, Description=496904-Cvml24Y4Y3lfW81B.
      One or more certificate chains were constructed successfully.

Additional Details
      A total of 1 chains were built. The highest quality chain ends in root certificate CN=StartCom Certification Authority, OU=Secure Digital Certificate Signing, O=StartCom Ltd., C=IL.
    Analyzing the certificate chains for compatibility problems with versions of Windows.
      Potential compatibility problems were identified with some versions of Windows.

Additional Details
      ExRCA can only validate the certificate chain using the Root Certificate Update functionality from Windows Update. Your certificate may not be trusted on Windows if the "Update Root Certificates" feature isn't enabled.
    Testing the certificate date to confirm the certificate is valid.
      Date validation passed. The certificate hasn't expired.

Additional Details
      The certificate is valid. NotBefore = 8/30/2011 6:34:34 PM, NotAfter = 8/30/2012 10:39:07 PM
    Checking the IIS configuration for client certificate authentication.
      Client certificate authentication wasn't detected.

Additional Details
      Accept/Require Client Certificates isn't configured.
    Testing HTTP Authentication Methods for URL https://mail.twentyteninc.com/rpc/rpcproxy.dll.
      The HTTP authentication methods are correct.

Additional Details
      ExRCA found all expected authentication methods and no disallowed methods. Methods found: Negotiate, NTLM
    Testing SSL mutual authentication with the RPC proxy server.
      Mutual authentication was verified successfully.

Additional Details
      Certificate common name mail.twentyteninc.com matches msstd:mail.twentyteninc.com.
    Attempting to ping RPC proxy mail.twentyteninc.com.
      RPC Proxy was pinged successfully.

Additional Details
      Completed with HTTP status 200 - OK
    Attempting to ping RPC endpoint 6001 (Exchange Information Store) on server sbs2008.twentyten.local.
      The attempt to ping the endpoint failed.
       <label for="testSelectWizard_ctl12_ctl06_ctl07_tmmArrow">Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it</label>

Additional Details
      Th<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="content-type" />e RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="content-type" />

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:49 PM

All replies