none
Folder Redirection works Only On the Server

Question

• I configured Folder redirection policy as described in article on technet.microsoft.com

but I'm having such confusing issue folder redirection Only works if I'm trying to Log On the actual server with the DC on it but when i try to Log on workstations running windows 7 it doesn't work 
    Can any1 help with this issue ?

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:43 PM

Answers

• Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Downloads" to "\\dc2\Profile\taavi\Downloads".
     Redirection options=0x1231.
     The following error occurred: "Can not create folder "\\dc2\Profile\taavi\Downloads"".
     Error details: "Access is denied.

and that's the name of the article I can't post links 

Deploy Folder Redirection with Offline Files

Your problem is permission . You didn't give correct permission to users to create folder .

Please check you can create a sub-older in this folder , For this purpose go to \\dc2\Profile\taavi\Downloads and see you can create folder ?

also suggest you read this thread :

Server 2012 - Folder Redirection: Access is Denied

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate TextVote As Helpful & click on Alternate TextMark As Answer if a post answers your question.

LinkedIn:   Facebook:   

• Edited by YahyaZahedi Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:50 PM correct content
    • Marked as answer by imTaavi Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:52 PM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:46 PM

All replies

• I configured Folder redirection policy as described in article on technet.microsoft.com

but I'm having such confusing issue folder redirection Only works if I'm trying to Log On the actual server with the DC on it but when i try to Log on workstations running windows 7 it doesn't work 
    Can any1 help with this issue ?

Please see in the event log when you click on folder that you redirect ,if there is error or warning please report.

Please give us you link that you configure .

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:52 PM
  • Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Downloads" to "\\dc2\Profile\taavi\Downloads".
     The following error occurred: "Can not create folder "\\dc2\Profile\taavi\Downloads"".

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:59 PM

Your problem is permission . You didn't give correct permission to users to create folder .

Please check you can create a sub-older in this folder , For this purpose go to \\dc2\Profile\taavi\Downloads and see you can create folder ?

also suggest you read this thread :

Server 2012 - Folder Redirection: Access is Denied

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate TextVote As Helpful & click on Alternate TextMark As Answer if a post answers your question.

• Edited by YahyaZahedi Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:50 PM correct content
    • Marked as answer by imTaavi Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:52 PM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:46 PM
  • You were right 
    it's permissions issue I had to make Permissions way different than the Article to make it actually work 

thanks alot for your help :) 
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:53 PM