none
SSRS Data driven Subscriptions

Question

• Hi,

I am doing a data driven subscription, (e-mail) . I have  expression(Value) in the report  which  varies depending upon the parameters selected. Can we include a report expression(.value) output in the email body along with the HTML text ? Is this possible?

Any work arounds?

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by Swathi9694 Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:26 PM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Swathi9694,

From the description, I understand that you want to add the expression containing report parameter to the email body when creating Data-Driven Subscription.

In Reporting Service, we can only include @ReportName and @ExecutionTime parameters in the comment section of Email delivery.

If your report parameter gets values from the database, you can change the query statement to approach your goal. In addition, you can return the complete comment as a field in the returned dataset. Please refer to the screenshot below:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Heidi Duan
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Swathi9694 Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:18 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Swathi9694,

From the description, I understand that you want to add the expression containing report parameter to the email body when creating Data-Driven Subscription.

In Reporting Service, we can only include @ReportName and @ExecutionTime parameters in the comment section of Email delivery.

If your report parameter gets values from the database, you can change the query statement to approach your goal. In addition, you can return the complete comment as a field in the returned dataset. Please refer to the screenshot below:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Heidi Duan
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Swathi9694 Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:18 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 8:04 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply.

This helps! Now I understand now subscriptions are not aware of the data driven command results.

Thanks for the reply !

Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:17 PM