none
OSD - Office on first launch runs through a configuration "installation" routine after OSD completes

Question

• I recently installed SCCM SP1 with U1 and also updated MDT to U1.  The Task Sequence and image I was previously was using before we update to SP1 working great, office 2010 is installed in the image.  I created a new MDT Task Sequence based off MDT 2010 U1 and added my existing "working" WIM image to that Take Sequence.  After OSD completes and the machine boots when Office "Word" is launches a Windows Installer box popped up and goes through a configuration then continues to loads Word.  This was not the behavior of the previous Task Sequence/WIM that was based on MDT 2010 (non - update 1).

I'm not sure if MDT 2010 U1 has anything to do with it or not.  Has anyone else seen this.  If not do you have a suggestion as to what i can look at.  i have already re-created a new WIM Image and have had the same outcome.  

In my testing I created a new task sequence and only changed one entry, the image and deployed it.  I get the same behavior..... Any suggesting would help thanks

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:08 PM

Answers

• Any and all thoughts are welcome..... please I am stuck with no thoughts on where to go next on this.
    Friday, July 19, 2013 10:50 PM
  •                 So I determined the cause of the Office issue in the new task sequence, the OS is getting drive letter E: and there is no C or D Drives, not 100% sure why.  The "Apply Operating System" step is set to "Select the location where you want to apply this OS" was set to (Destination: Logical drive) & (Variable Name: OSDisk).  This is what my old task sequence was set to and is the default setting when I create a new MDT Client Task Sequence.

When I change this to (Destination: Specific logical drive letter) & (Drive Letter: C:) the OS gets installed on the C:\ and Office behaves as it should.

I'm not sure how to proceed;

• Am I doing something wrong on the Reference Image?
    • Is there a step before this that could be causing this behavior?
    • Are there any negative to just changing the setting to "Specific logical drive letter"?

Monday, July 22, 2013 4:06 PM
  • Nevermind after hours of digging I figured it out, thank for "all" the help.

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:16 PM

All replies

• Any and all thoughts are welcome..... please I am stuck with no thoughts on where to go next on this.
    Friday, July 19, 2013 10:50 PM
  •                 So I determined the cause of the Office issue in the new task sequence, the OS is getting drive letter E: and there is no C or D Drives, not 100% sure why.  The "Apply Operating System" step is set to "Select the location where you want to apply this OS" was set to (Destination: Logical drive) & (Variable Name: OSDisk).  This is what my old task sequence was set to and is the default setting when I create a new MDT Client Task Sequence.

When I change this to (Destination: Specific logical drive letter) & (Drive Letter: C:) the OS gets installed on the C:\ and Office behaves as it should.

I'm not sure how to proceed;

• Am I doing something wrong on the Reference Image?
    • Is there a step before this that could be causing this behavior?
    • Are there any negative to just changing the setting to "Specific logical drive letter"?

Monday, July 22, 2013 4:06 PM
  • Nevermind after hours of digging I figured it out, thank for "all" the help.

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:16 PM