none
Proclarity Export to Excel

Question

•  

I have ProClarity desktop v 6.2.204.204. On some pc's I get the Export option from the file menu, and on others I don't. It's not that the Export option is there but greyed out, it simply doesn't exist. I suspect it has to do with version incompatibility with Office. Any thoughts?

Friday, November 30, 2007 12:18 AM

Answers

• All of the Export features in ProClarity are Add-ins that get installed based on a particular condition being met.  In the case of the Export to Excel Add-in, it may be checking for a particular version of Excel (perhaps Office 2000 or 2003).  If you installed Excel after you installed ProClarity, the menu would not show up.  I'm guessing also that if you had Office 2007 installed, the ProClarity 6.2 installation package may not recognize it so it doesn't install the Add-in.  However, ProClarity Support would be able to better explain/confirm all of this.

Regardless of why it did not get installed, here is how to get the Export to Excel menu to show up after the fact.

1. Verify that the DLL was installed on the machine.  You will find the file in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProClarity\Client\Office\Excel

The file is called PAIExportToExcel5.dll.  If you do not have the Office or Excel folders, then you may want to copy them from another machine.
    2. Register the DLL.  You can register the DLL by running the following command in a Command Window:

regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProClarity\Client\Office\Excel\PAIExportToExcel5.dll"
    3. Add a key to the registry for ProClarity to recognize the Add-in.  If you are comfortable modifying the registry, you can just navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ProClarity Corporation\Client\Addins key and add the following as a new key:

PAIExportToExcel.KAIExpToExcel

If you have not messed with the registry before, I would recommend you get someone to help you because modifying the registry by hand can cause problems with the PC if it is not done correctly (a warning for non-IT readers of this post).

By the way, for all of you IT folks that have wondered how to remove the Export features from the product, you can just delete the registry key for the particular add-in and the functionality will no longer appear in the product.

The next time the Professional Client is run, you should see the menu. 

Good luck!

Friday, November 30, 2007 12:56 AM

All replies

• All of the Export features in ProClarity are Add-ins that get installed based on a particular condition being met.  In the case of the Export to Excel Add-in, it may be checking for a particular version of Excel (perhaps Office 2000 or 2003).  If you installed Excel after you installed ProClarity, the menu would not show up.  I'm guessing also that if you had Office 2007 installed, the ProClarity 6.2 installation package may not recognize it so it doesn't install the Add-in.  However, ProClarity Support would be able to better explain/confirm all of this.

Regardless of why it did not get installed, here is how to get the Export to Excel menu to show up after the fact.

1. Verify that the DLL was installed on the machine.  You will find the file in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProClarity\Client\Office\Excel

The file is called PAIExportToExcel5.dll.  If you do not have the Office or Excel folders, then you may want to copy them from another machine.
    2. Register the DLL.  You can register the DLL by running the following command in a Command Window:

regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProClarity\Client\Office\Excel\PAIExportToExcel5.dll"
    3. Add a key to the registry for ProClarity to recognize the Add-in.  If you are comfortable modifying the registry, you can just navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ProClarity Corporation\Client\Addins key and add the following as a new key:

PAIExportToExcel.KAIExpToExcel

If you have not messed with the registry before, I would recommend you get someone to help you because modifying the registry by hand can cause problems with the PC if it is not done correctly (a warning for non-IT readers of this post).

By the way, for all of you IT folks that have wondered how to remove the Export features from the product, you can just delete the registry key for the particular add-in and the functionality will no longer appear in the product.

The next time the Professional Client is run, you should see the menu. 

Good luck!

Friday, November 30, 2007 12:56 AM
  • Hi JPicker,

I've read and checked your steps and all are OK but I still have the same problem. When I click to Export -> Excel, a warning message comes "An error occured the application.: Interface not supported". I uninstalled the Proclarity Web Professional 5.3 and reinstalled but problem exists after all.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks,
    Erkal

Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:56 PM
  • Execellent -- Information. we are using Ver 6.3 Proclarity . Followed aboved instructions and issue resolved.

just one note I had to amend this command:

regsvr32.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProClarity\Client\Office\Excel\PAIExportToExcel5.dll

to

thanks again
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:35 AM
  • Could you please put quotes around the command:

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:07 PM